DOUBLE FRANCHISE - Draft Concluded - Time to Start

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nomadbrad

Re: DOUBLE FRANCHISE - Draft - 2ND ROUND

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 8:58 pm

LET'S FILL IT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!1

North Texas Widowmakers and I are starting a last minute Saturday night league...should have it on the public league around 9:10pm Eastern tonight...which means we'll have less than 2 hours to fill it.

League is to be called 70's ROCK $120 DH LEAGUE

When you join use a 70's Rock theme in your team name....

this will NOT be a FRENZY, but we're trying to fill it to draft tonight....so hurry put together a team and come join in the Saturday night fun!!!!

Xuandemackay

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 pm

ADDITIONAL KEEPER POLL:

*Option 1 - Stay with just 2 FRANCHISE KEEPERS as we currently have through all 4 seasons
*Option 2 - After season 1 each owner would have 1 flexible keeper slot to protect a 3rd player for all follow on leagues...player could be dropped or traded from season to season along with change of season for the player.
*Option 3 - After season 1 each owner would gain 1 extra protection slot for each league, i.e. 1 bonus keeper for season 2, 2 bonus keepers for season 3 and 3 bonus keepers for season 4.

EVERYONE PLEASE INDICATE WHICH YOU WOULD PREFER and VOTE before going to bed Saturday night so we can publish decision before Sunday morning when SLACKER JOEYM ;) submits his draft card.

OPTION #2 #1 - cassidy GT (likes 3, but thinks we are all crazy)
OPTION #2 #2 - ThomasMoore
OPTION #2 #3 - N Texas Widowmakers
OPTION #3 #4 - xuandemackay
OPTION #2 #5 - djmacb
OPTION #1 #6 - mrharryc
OPTION #2 #7 - McConvey
__________#8 - Musial6
__________#9 - FB
OPTION #1 10 - Kunkel
OPTION #2 11 - nomadbrad
__________12 - JoeyC

Frank Bailey

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Looks like the keeper option has enough votes to be the winner here. If that is the case, you will need to replace me. I signed up to play a certain set of rules, the set that stayed in place throughout the draft.

In my opinion, if you want to make a major change after the draft, you cancel the draft and start over after agreeing to the new set and replacing those no longer interested.

I'm sorry this happened. I was looking forward to playing this theme, but the theme now isn't the one I joined.

Musial6

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 9:26 pm

I agree with frank bailey. Shouldn't change horses in midstream! I vote for option 1.

nomadbrad

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Frank Bailey wrote:Looks like the keeper option has enough votes to be the winner here. If that is the case, you will need to replace me. I signed up to play a certain set of rules, the set that stayed in place throughout the draft.

In my opinion, if you want to make a major change after the draft, you cancel the draft and start over after agreeing to the new set and replacing those no longer interested.

I'm sorry this happened. I was looking forward to playing this theme, but the theme now isn't the one I joined.

Mike thanks for your honesty....sorry guys I'm gonna defend anyone who wants to stay with what we have....I really don't want to lose a great owner like you....

Perhaps we'll start another themed league in a few months once we get the wrinkles ironed out and have a good idea of how to handle the expansion of keeper slots...

So it sounds like we just need more owners to join....this the roster of the 7 teams drafted and waiting in the cue:

Teams that have joined Owner
1. Texas Flying Humanoid's...........N Texas Widowmakers
2. Humble Plumpers....................kunkel40
3. Baltimore Dockers III................CassidyGT
4. Clemson Tigers......................Thomasmore
5. MickeyMantleMo- Nomads..........nomadbrad
6. Thunder Bay Lynx V.................McConvey
7. Masada Sicarii.......................Xuandemackay

8. ----
9. ----
10. ----
11. ----
12. ----

waiting on: djmacb...mrharryc...FB...Musial6.......JoeyC told me he would have his team drafted and ready to go EARLY Sunday morning...if you can guys can join tonight before going to bed....that would be great....

btw - thomas did you Mulligan your stadium or stay with what you drafted...if you Mulligan, please announce to us your stadium before you go to bed....THANKS.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 10:31 pm

I said next time on my idea when presented. Lets get this league up and going as originally presented.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 10:34 pm

JoeyC still needs to pick another stadium to replace his original selection.

Frank Bailey

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks Brad. I will have my team entered this evening.

As I said before, Ric's keeper idea is a good one. Some form of that melded with the rotating salary caps and franchise requirement could make the foundation for a long-term repeater league. With a few days or so to talk out the kinks you probably could throw it out on the boards for signup. As quick as this one filled and with a fair number of this group taking a spot in the new one, it should be ready to draft in short order.

nomadbrad

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Musial6 wrote:I agree with frank bailey. Shouldn't change horses in midstream! I vote for option 1.

Musial, did you fix your stadium? You drafted Polo '11 but Polo '11 had been taken...I've asked you at least 4 different times here today to please let us know your Giants stadium of choice....Polo '11 and Polo '41 are both taken.

Thanks in advance.

nomadbrad

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 11:12 pm

JUST NEED THE LAST 3 STRAGGLERS to join up!.....sorry Musial, patience is a virtue I'm still lacking :?

Teams that have joined Owner
1. Masada Sicarii.....................Xuandemackay
2. Texas Flying Humanoid's.........N Texas Widowmakers
3. Uncle Fester's Fanatical Itts......mrharryc
4. Humble Plumpers..................kunkel40
5. Baltimore Dockers III..............CassidyGT
6. Clemson Tigers....................Thomasmore
7. Angry Beavers......................djmacb
8. MickeyMantleMo- Nomads.........nomadbrad
9. Thunder Bay Lynx V................McConvey

10. ----
11. ----
12. ----
waiting on: ...FB...Musial6.......JoeyC said he would have his team drafted and ready to go EARLY Sunday morning

Thomas did you Mulligan your stadium or stay with what you drafted...if you Mulligan, please announce to us your stadium before you go to bed....if you don't respond by the end of tonight we'll assume your satisfied with your Braves Stadium and that you will be sticking with Braves '48 all four seasons....THANKS.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat