GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL CHAT:

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Palmtana wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
Palmtana wrote:I'd forgotten I had even made these drops. It's been 5 or 6 weeks. Things have changed with real MLB players. Any chance that I can make a switch in my drops? If not maybe next time there could be a heads up before things are locked. Or maybe I missed a notification.

Can’t allow it, sorry. Rosters were locked once the last set of drops were made. I’m knee deep into editing the rosters and allowing for changes would only set the draft back even further.

Sorry but no can do.

OK. I'll accept that as long as Shoemaker blows up the rest of the season (likely) and Fulmer comes back like a beast from his TJ (possible). I like to look things up and I found a pattern for this league.

Days between the last drop and the start of the FA draft:

2015 - 3
2016 - 6
2017 - 16
2018 - 15
2019 - 39

Perhaps we should become a late league like USKL 2. Wait until most leagues are done and then post drops and have the draft.

Not going to happen.
Its all dependent on my work schedule, but making it later will only make it worse, I get busier the closer to summer we get and summer is insane.

You aren't the only person to drop flavor of the month players, so it hit almost all of us.

Also no one in this league mentioned a thing about starting until splinter posted today, so it sure doesn't seem like any of you are in any great hurry. ;)

STEVE F

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Yep. Probably does you a favor by not allowing us to be swayed by 2-3 weeks of stats :)

Palmtana

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Also no one in this league mentioned a thing about starting until splinter posted today, so it sure doesn't seem like any of you are in any great hurry. ;)

Exactly. Other leagues had our attention. Thus my suggestion for a later start. Let the chaff clear and off we go. ;)

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Palmtana wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:Also no one in this league mentioned a thing about starting until splinter posted today, so it sure doesn't seem like any of you are in any great hurry. ;)

Exactly. Other leagues had our attention. Thus my suggestion for a later start. Let the chaff clear and off we go. ;)

My goal is to get it started as soon as I'm able. I can not be pinned down to a specific date. That's all I'm saying. I run three leagues, last year it was NAKL that was late start, this year GMKL. I do the best I can, but I take into account which leagues seem to be more active and/raring to go.
when I start working on getting them up and running.
There's only been 8 trades in the last calendar year in this league, so I feel I'm giving GMKL the attention it deserves.

mlbphan

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 12:49 am

Hoboken Astros

on the block

SP-Strasburg

for a 1st rd or possibly early 2nd rd FA draft pick along with a 3rd rd prospect pick

thanx,
Rick
mlbphan

Palmtana

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 am

Ninersphan wrote:There's only been 8 trades in the last calendar year in this league, so I feel I'm giving GMKL the attention it deserves.

Agree again. So push us back on your SOM calendar and do drops and drafts when you are able to accommodate us instead of having the lag between the two.

Jerlins

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 1:54 am

Palmtana wrote:Are you going for the Ring this year? If not I'm interested in acquiring an SP 1 or 2. Except for my Rd. 1 FA pick, all of my FA, Supp and prospect picks are available in addition to the following:

James Kaprielian - TJ is out of the way
Kyle Wright - he's on his way to Atlanta
Luis Urias - starting at SS for SD
Jesus Sanchez - A comer for TB in the OF
Leodys Taveras - "big time upside" as they say
Nick Gordon - Minnesota's SS to be
Hunter Renfroe - .800 OPS vs. LHP and RHP this past season

Geez and all this time I thought I had the starting SS for San Diego and Minnesota's SS to be :( :(

Too bad I don't have a #1 or #2 SP, heck, I don't even have a #4 or #5 SP, so the fire sale is on cuz I sure am not competing this year.

Jerlins

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Available to trade:

Everyone on my roster available with few exceptions:
RF-Betts
SS-Tatis
3rd-Arenado

Looking for youth in this total rebuild. I have zero chance of competing this year, so offering players that may help this year but little chance of future aid will be of no interest to me.

Palmtana

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Bill, chillards should be spelled chilliards.

mlbphan

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Hoboken Astros

on the block

SP-Strasburg

looking for a late 1st rd or early 2nd rd FA pick along with a 3rd rd prospect pick.

or

make me a reasonable offer.

PM or email me.

thanx,
Rick
mlbphan
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat