STEVE F

Re: GMKL CHAT:

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Offering Greinke for3b help

mlbphan

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 12:10 pm

ninersphan wrote:
There's only been 8 trades in the last calendar year in this league, so I feel I'm giving GMKL the attention it deserves.

damn if I wasn’t in this league there would’ve only been 4 trades & that’s the four I just counted prior to the draft???
seriously??
IDK if I was involved in any of the previous 4 but if so that’s a problem & I don’t blame Bill for waiting on this draft.

anyway HAPPY EASTER to all of you!!

mlbphan

Jerlins

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 1:34 pm

mlbphan wrote:ninersphan wrote:
There's only been 8 trades in the last calendar year in this league, so I feel I'm giving GMKL the attention it deserves.

damn if I wasn’t in this league there would’ve only been 4 trades & that’s the four I just counted prior to the draft???
seriously??
IDK if I was involved in any of the previous 4 but if so that’s a problem & I don’t blame Bill for waiting on this draft.

anyway HAPPY EASTER to all of you!!

mlbphan

As one of the active traders in Bill's other leagues, it doesn't shock me with the lack of trades. Rarely is anyone willing to trade a star for a star in spite of one's abundance in a particular position. Too many times already (and I've only been in this league for one year) I've run across this (players substituted for identity purposes):

Me: Hi, I notice you are in need of a SS, and I have Story and Lindor, and I am in need of a 3rd baseman and you have Arenado and Rendon. Any interest in a Lindor for Rendon swap?

Other manager: I can't do that, both of those guys are untouchable.

Me: Really? The only SS on your team is Hanson, and the best available SS on the FA list is Fletcher!!

Other manager: It's a fair offer, but Rendon is a superstar and can't trade him away. I do have interest in Lindor though, and can offer you C. Moran and my 5th RD FA pick if that works.

Me: Um, no thanks, but appreciate the quick reply.

mlbphan

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Jerlins wrote:

Me: Hi, I notice you are in need of a SS, and I have Story and Lindor, and I am in need of a 3rd baseman and you have Arenado and Rendon. Any interest in a Lindor for Rendon swap?

Other manager: I can't do that, both of those guys are untouchable.

Me: Really? The only SS on your team is Hanson, and the best available SS on the FA list is Fletcher!!

Other manager: It's a fair offer, but Rendon is a superstar and can't trade him away. I do have interest in Lindor though, and can offer you C. Moran and my 5th RD FA pick if that works.

man Jerry I hope this was a hypothetical & NOT a true scenario bud :o :shock: :oops: :lol: :twisted: :(

Palmtana

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Palmtana wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
Palmtana wrote:I'd forgotten I had even made these drops...... Any chance that I can make a switch in my drops?......

Can’t allow it, sorry. Rosters were locked once the last set of drops were made.......

OK. I'll accept that as long as Shoemaker blows up the rest of the season (likely)......

His pitching didn't blow up but his knee did. Torn ACL. Out for the season with 28.2 IP. 1 inning short of being carded. The guy can't catch a break.

Ninersphan

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 pm

See, worked out after all. You were right to drop him in the first place.

Palmtana

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 pm

True that. This occurrence must also mean that the guy I wanted to drop in Shoemaker's place, M. Fulmer, will win the Cy Young in 2021. Or at least be league average. :)

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 11:15 am

Palmtana wrote:

OK. I'll accept that as long as Shoemaker blows up the rest of the season (likely)......

His pitching didn't blow up but his knee did. Torn ACL. Out for the season with 28.2 IP. 1 inning short of being carded. The guy can't catch a break.[/quote]
This is why I cut this guy in 3 CDROM keeper leagues this offseason. Just got tired of the constant injuries, and you just can't carry players with 60 at bats or 30 innings in usage based leagues anymore. Hell, you need about 18 pitchers just to get your innings as it is!

Ninersphan

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 am

Palmtana wrote:True that. This occurrence must also mean that the guy I wanted to drop in Shoemaker's place, M. Fulmer, will win the Cy Young in 2021. Or at least be league average. :)

Care to place a bet on that one? ;)

blsmith7

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 pm

So, all weekend I had contemplated who I was going to take waiting for two picks to be made before me. Should I take Tellez or O'Hearn? One of them will surely be there. How often do 3 1B get taken in the 1st round. Everyone has a 1B! I went back and forth, and forth and back. Finally, I decided I'll take Tellez, then O'Hearn in that order. There are only two picks to go. Good, now hurry up and wait.

Now, I've spent 2 hours figuring out what next. Can I contend? Do I build for the future or try this year. Ugh! I guess I'll take some pitcher who I'm sure will be no good for the future, but maybe he'll help me contend this year. And maybe he'll help for the future ...

And by the way, Jesse Winker is not available, he's on my roster.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat