GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GMKL CHAT:

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Palmtana wrote:It's been a month since the drafts. If an update can't be supplied in a timely manner then it's time to amend kaviksdad's rules in some fashion. Rules are tweaked all the time.

I quit. I’m glad you have all the time in the world for what’s supposed to be a hobby. I don’t my job requires me to work 50. - 60 hours a week sometimes. And when I get home I’m too damn tired to sit at the computer for 2 or 3 hours and do this shit. If it’s not done fast enough for you bob. You f’in run the league. I’m done

STEVE F

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 pm

Whoa hang on guys. Do we really need a constant roster update? I would think we wouldn't need one until the season ends/before the sup draft.

Ninersphan

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 10:34 pm

STEVE F wrote:Whoa hang on guys. Do we really need a constant roster update? I would think we wouldn't need one until the season ends/before the sup draft.

I’m not hanging on. I’m done as commish. Tired of the passive aggressive BS. somebody else can do it if I’m not good enough. Life is to F’in short.

Jerlins

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Just dl the spreadsheet and add the names of those drafted to their respective teams. Bill doesn't get paid for doing this. He's allowed time for himself. It's a thankless job

Palmtana

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Well this escalated quickly. GMKL time it is.

blsmith7

PostSat Jun 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
STEVE F wrote:Whoa hang on guys. Do we really need a constant roster update? I would think we wouldn't need one until the season ends/before the sup draft.

I’m not hanging on. I’m done as commish. Tired of the passive aggressive BS. somebody else can do it if I’m not good enough. Life is to F’in short.

Well, since I started this by asking for a roster update, I guess I'll add my thoughts as someone who has done the commish thing.

It is a thankless gig that can be time consuming. And I generally side will Bill on things related to maintaining the SS. However, I can't give you a pass on this Bill. We all have things in life that we have to deal with and interrupt our lives. I had to give up the one league I maintained because of my hectic schedule. But, if you are going to assume the responsibility, then assume the responsibility. It has been awhile since the end of the draft and a SS should be done at that point so that members can see the rosters after the conclusion of the draft. It IS a pain in the ass to do, but that is what a Commish is responsible for. Stop making us feel bad because you have a hectic life. We understand that, and that this is a game. But, don't be a curmudgeon when called on the carpet a little bit. I would rather you simply say I'm sorry and I will get to it shortly as life allows. I certainly appreciate the efforts that go into keeping a league going. Perhaps someone who has not done so yet could step up and see what it takes.

KEVINEHLE

PostSun Jun 09, 2019 11:27 am

Where do we go from here?
I'm in 9 Keeper Leagues and Commish of 1 of them. It's already very time consuming at the beginning of the year, so I'm not able to volunteer to take over as commish.

Anyone else who isn't a commish of another want to take on the challenge of being GMKL Commish?

Ninersphan

PostSun Jun 09, 2019 12:53 pm

I'll get rosters done before the season ends and get us through season two, I still feel I owe that to the league, but that's it. As soon as season two starts, I'm done. Someone else can take the reins. I rescued this league from oblivion when KD left, time for someone else to take over, as I clearly don't have the time to get things done in the time some of you need/want.

STEVE F

PostSun Jun 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Guys , I will most likely leave the league when Bill steps down. I have too many leagues as it is, and mostly stayed in this one because it is run so damn smooth. I may stay , but I wanted whoever takes over to be aware that their first job may be replacing me. I took over this team because there was an opening and Kershaw was on it. Since then he has pissed me off in MANY post season starts, and I now call him Ker-Pig.

Ninersphan

PostSun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Rosters sent
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat