GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Cubit

Re: GMKL General Managers Keeper League Chat

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Should we all create our new GMKL clubs with the unleashed option checked? I did it the old way, but think there is no problem changing.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Bummer on all counts. Sad to see esteemed franchises like GMKL and HCKL adopt the mickey mouse cards.

Palmtana

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Since the league has always been leashed a change in the player pool seems like a rule change to me but let's get going.

Ninersphan

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Okay, I gotta mow my law right now, but give me 24 hours and I should have rosters and a players draftable list out to you and we can start drafting tomorrow afternoon. ( Fingers crossed...)

qksilver69

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Smokey - I hear you, I held out on the "Mickey Mouse" cards for a long time, but Lilly was too much for me. In a pre-card league like HCKL, we HAVE to have some predictably for who will get cards in the regular set and who won't. The other thing that tipped it in my mind is that in HCKL, with our extensive prospect lists and supp draft, the FA pool is not deep, and as a result it devalues the FA draft. Adding in the fluke cards will help restore some value to the FA draft, which I think engages the lesser teams more and helps parity.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Palmtana wrote:Since the league has always been leashed a change in the player pool seems like a rule change to me but let's get going.

Passive aggressively +1

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Okay, I gotta mow my law right now, but give me 24 hours and I should have rosters and a players draftable list out to you and we can start drafting tomorrow afternoon. ( Fingers crossed...)

Thanks again for the effort Bill.

Re: unleashed. I would humbly request a compromise. If we must include the mickey mouse cards by this vote without super majority can we atleast agree to wait until next season to introduce them?

This is what it must jave felt like to watch the dh for the first time. OK I'm done on the matter.

Ninersphan

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Whew, well the roster is all but done, just waiting to hear back from nythawk regarding his cuts and promotions. He promoted two guys he didn't need to promote yet and cut Lilly before the vote for Unleashed was in. Once I hear from him I can finish the roster and send it out. Then it's just assembling a draftable players list. Almost there....

the splinter

PostFri Jul 26, 2013 1:04 pm

damn it...I thought Carpenter was taken in the dispersal draft

I am both stupid and blind :roll:

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Jul 26, 2013 1:09 pm

the splinter wrote:damn it...I thought Carpenter was taken in the dispersal draft

I am both stupid and blind :roll:

he wasn't in the dispersal draft

just floating out there

FYI I'll entertain any and all offers during the draft.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat