New Keeper League 1AL/1NL per

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Matty86

New Keeper League 1AL/1NL per

PostTue May 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Re-posting this here, as I was told by a few people that I may have better luck being noticed in this section of the forums.

After putting some thought into it and talking to a few more veteran guys, I've decided to start up the league that I've been thinking about starting, if there is enough interest.

The rules are not set in stop, and I would welcome input from anyone interested in joining. The hope is for it to be a keeper league that will run into current day, so input on rules and making it so that we all agree on the rules would help in ensuring that it holds everyone's interest. Here is what I have put together so far. If I don't get enough interest, I'll keep writing up my rules and try again in the future. haha

The basis of the league are this: Each owner chooses 2 MLB teams, 1 AL, and 1 NL. That owner will then have the rights too all of the players carded for those teams for the 2007 season. At drafting phase of the preseason, each owner will fill their roster with players from their two chosen MLB teams, and the rest will remain in the Free Agents pool until that owner "Calls them up" by signing them. The league will have a $200M cap, which will probably not come into play, unless there are a lot of send ups and call downs.

Each owner should name their team based on their MLB teams by using the city name of one team, and the team name of the other team. For example, if I choose the Boston Red Sox and the Colorado Rockies, my team would be the Colorado Red Sox, or the Boston Rockies. Each team shall have a unique home field, belonging to one of their 2 selected MLB teams, so the Boston Rockies would play at either Fenway, or Coors Field.

There will be no traditional free agency in this league, all players will be acquired through trades or drafts. For the first season there will be no roster limit, but following the conclusion of our first (2007) season, the roster limit will be 40 (subject to change depending on league vote prior to initial season). Prior to each draft, owners will cut their roster to be below the roster limit, and will have draft picks according to their roster side. For example if the roster limit is 40, and I cut to 32, I'll have 8 draft picks.

Each draft will consist only of players who were either cut by other teams in our league, or are newly carded players for one of the 24 MLB teams that we have chosen to play with. For example, if no one chooses the Nationals in 2007, we will never see Harper or Strasburg.

1. Matty86
2. CATom

CATom

Re: New Keeper League 1AL/1NL per

PostWed May 29, 2013 1:45 pm

1. Matty86
2. CATom
3. thechamp87
4. bertolett

CATom

Re: New Keeper League 1AL/1NL per

PostThu May 30, 2013 11:44 am