Page2

Page2 AL Only Keeper Season 13 Drafting

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 am

http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... 8&t=623874

Google Docs Link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Season info for the 2014 cards:

Hi,

Here are the lottery results. We had a couple of ties thisisray and Page2 (thisisray won on Run Dif.). Terry and schnoogens (Terry won on head to head). If nobody sees anything wrong these results will be official on 6/8/14.

The state lottery results that I used were from May 21st. They were as follows:

WI 062
AZ 113
CT 985
NJ 276
CA 408

The first round will look like this
1. Keyzick
2. WJS6768
3. thisisray
4. hveed now (Spider67)
5. coachteel924
6. Page2
7. Terry101
8. schnoogens
9. Frankmansueto
10. calbatross
11. gbrookes
12. joshflanagan

Each Round After the 1st round
1.WJS6768 66
2.hveed (Spider67 68)
3.Keyzick 72
4.coachteel924 75
5.thisisray 81
6.Page2 81
7.Terry101 84
8.schnoogens 84
9.Frankmansueto 87
10.calbatross 89
11.gbrookes 90
12.joshflanagan 95

16. Divisional assignments will change each season. They will be based on records East 1,4,7, & 10 Central 2, 5, 8, & 11 West 3, 6, 9, & 12

Divisions for the 2014 cards
East
joshflanagan
Frankmansueto
Page2
Keyzick

Central
gbrookes
schnoogens
thisisray
Spider67

West
calbatross
Terry101
coachteel924
WJS6768

Hi Guys,

Looking to start a new AL only keeper league. I think this will come very close to be the GM of a real team. How high do you draft Zack Greinke knowing you will only have him for two years, unload him in year two if you need help at the trade deadline? And other decisions that a GM has to look at.

12 team AL only Keeper League (Use the current set of cards).

1. 26 round draft you can draft your AL Stadium in any round.

2. Only players carded to an AL team can be drafted and kept.

3. Draft on the boards and use a 30 min. clock. Pick times will run from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST (times will be posted and you will know what times you will draft each day). This will take us about 12 days to draft (I have used this method for plenty of leagues in the past and it works great). We will not have a clock for drafting during the weekends although picks can be made just don’t skip anyone on the weekends. No Clock for the first round/day please be ready to draft during your time and remember to send a proxy to someone if you can’t. When the clock is on a player can be skipped. We will use a randomizer for the order of our first draft.
4. $200 mil. cap; all roster transactions will use the 10% Free Agent penalty. We will use the frenzy to pick up/adjust your roster after the draft.

5. Only one season for each card set.

6. No prospect draft.

7. The initial draft is serpentine. After the first draft they will be based on records with an NBA draft lottery for the first round.

8. 1) The first 3 draft positions of the draft (except for our initial draft) will be determined by weighted NBA type draft lottery of the eight teams with the worst records (i.e. non playoff teams). All other draft choices and all other rounds are chosen in reverse order of finish.
2) The lottery works like this, We will have a list of five states, WI, AZ, CT, NJ, and CA, in this order.
3) The annual spring free agent will be determined by the lottery numbers on the first day AFTER the previous season's Strat postseason ends that the lottery occurs in those states.
4) We will take the pick 3 of the first state (WI), using only the last two numbers and use the chart below to determine who receives the first choice. We'll use AZ to choose the second choice, and CT to choose the third. If any of the first 3 states are duplicates (say WI and AZ numbers both choose the team with the 8th best record, then we use the last two states (NJ and CA). If after 5 states, we still have not chose 3 choices, then we go in reverse order after the choices that have been chosen.

Record of Team-last two numbers of pick 3 #

worst team 01-25 (25%)
11th best team 26-45 (20%)
10th best team 46-63 (18%)
9th best team 64-78 (15%)
8th best team 79-88 (10%)
7th best team 89-94 (6%)
6th best team 95-98 (4%)
5th best team 99-00 (2%)

example: On the day of the draft the numbers are WI-1(94), AZ-7(08), CT-3(19), NJ-8(66), The first choice goes to the team with the 7th best record, because of WI 94, the second choice goes to the team with the worst record because of AZ - 08, the 3rd choice would also have gone to the worst team, but the same team can not have 2 draft choices, so we got to the tiebreaker state, NJ, and the 66 means the 3rd choice goes to the team with the 9th best record. the 5th state is not needed.
The 4th pick goes to the team with the second worst record, and from this point on we go in reverse order of W-L record among teams who did not draw a high choice.

9. Draft picks are tradeable. As well as your players the Commish has final say on all trades.

10. All ties between teams will be broken by the previous seasons head to head win/loss records. If this does not break the tie, then we will use run differential, record within the division if from the same division, record against playoff teams, and finally a randomizer. (Go back to head to head once a tie has been broken if more than 2 teams).

11. Cut 10 players each year/be able to only keep 15 players. If you somehow wind up short players through trades there will be a supplemental round to even things out.

12. Must keep 25 guys on your team at all times and not more than that (if you have injuries you will play short that many players, or pick up a player from the FA pool. Remember if you drop a player someone else might pick them from the FA pool so be careful on your drops/adds).
13. To sign up and be part of the league you must send me your email address that way we will be able to say in touch better. Mine is sportspage2_2000@yahoo.com

14. Use only AL Stadiums. Stadiums can be changed through trade or drafted, after a season has been played an owner may draft a new stadium. We will use a worst to first on the records with a waiver system of drafting stadiums after the first season. Players may trade stadiums with other players except while a regular season is in progress.

15. Use unleashed/additional players if TSN makes them available.

16. Divisional assignments will change each season. They will be based on records East 1,4,7, & 10 Central 2, 5, 8, & 11 West 3, 6, 9, & 12. This same seeding will be used to determine the divisions for the first season of play based on the draft order.

17. All teams must meet SOM roster requirements at all times. Except for the rule that you must carry 11 pitchers and 14 hitters (if you want 10 pitchers and 15 hitters after the draft that is okay, just stay within the max/min. limits and the 25 players). In the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 25 man limit must return to the limit before any games have been played (penalty would be having to sit your highest salary of an uninjured hitter for the next series after the penalty is discovered).

18. All rule changes must pass by a super majority – 9 owners or more.

19. When we have to get a replacement owner(s) they will come in with full voting rights as soon as I accept them into the league. If we have more than one owner drop a lottery/randomizer will be run to determine which replacement owner gets which team.

20. All other TSN/SOM rules apply.

Things we have changed:

Rule Changes as of 2/10/2013
11. Cut 12 players each year/be able to only keep 15 players (you can keep less if you wish/or you might not have enough carded players and have less players to keep). If you somehow wind up short players through trades there will be a supplemental round(s) to even things out.

12. Must keep 27 guys on your team at all times and not more than that (if you have injuries you will play short that many players, or pick up a player from the FA pool. Remember if you drop a player someone else might pick them from the FA pool so be careful on your drops/adds).
14. Use only AL Stadiums. Stadiums can be changed through trade or drafted. When listing your keepers for you players include your stadium if you wish to keep it if you drop it you can pick a new stadium in any round you wish.
17. All teams must meet SOM roster requirements at all times. Except for the rule that you must carry 11 pitchers and 14 hitters. You can carry whichever number of pictchers and hitters you would like as long as it fits the SOM rules. In the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 27 man limit must return to the limit before any games have been played (penalty would be having to sit your highest salary of an uninjured hitter for the next series after the penalty is discovered).

3/3/14
I am thinking that in the future if an owner has an NL player on his team during the first 40 games he will give up a 4th round pick and only be able to keep 14 players. 41-80 games give up a 3rd round pick keep 14 players. 81-120 give up a second round pick and keep only 13 players. 121-162 give up a 1st round pick and keep only 13 players.

4/14/16
Hi,

Being able to keep an injured player has passed so an example of what this means: Darvish can't be kept Bird can be kept the owner that has Bird will have to play the season with 26 active players.

1. Page2-Yes
2. Keyzick - Yes
3. Terry101- Yes
4. Calbatross - Yes
5. WJS6768 - Yes
6. FrankMansueto-No
7. joshflanagan - Yes
8. schnoogens-Yes
9. hveed-No
10. Coach - Yes
11. gbrookes-Yes

Page2

Hi,

I had an email question about what is considered a prospect:

1. Anyone that hasn't played in an MLB game.
2. They don't have to of signed so if you know of a player that hasn't inked a contract with a team yet and you want to draft them go ahead.
3. Once carded a prospect either has to be kept or cut.

Page2

Hi,

Here is a link to our posts on the old board:

I will try to get the league rules posted here in few days. Might as well get a jump on the sign up process.

1. Page2
Last edited by Page2 on Fri May 06, 2022 1:38 am, edited 62 times in total.

WJS6768

Re: AL Only Keeper Sign Up Season 4

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 7:04 am

Hi,

I will try to get the league rules posted here in few days. Might as well get a jump on the sign up process.

1. Page2
2. WJS6768

gbrookes

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

Hi,

1. Page2
2. WJS6768
3. GBrookes

Spider 67

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

1. Page2
2. WJS6768
3. GBrookes
4. Spider 67

joshflanagan

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi,

1. Page2
2. WJS6768
3. GBrookes
4. Spider 67
5. joshflanagan

Terry101

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 pm

i,

1. Page2
2. WJS6768
3. GBrookes
4. Spider 67
5. joshflanagan
6. Terry101

gbrookes

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 am

I found this repost by me at the beginning of the thread for the third AL Keeper League season thread:

by gbrookes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Just thought it would be a practical idea to cut and paste "the constitution" into this AL Keeper League ILC chat page - since the page on the main chat room will disappear into obscurity soon enough, while this page will keep getting refreshed and bumped to the top periodically!

Page 2 - maybe you should copy and paste this one more time, so that YOU are the one who can edit it in the future (with the 9 out of 12 votes needed for constutional changes) !

Page2 originally wrote:

Hi Guys,

Looking to start a new AL only keeper league. I think this will come very close to be the GM of a real team. How high do you draft Zack Greinke knowing you will only have him for two years, unload him in year two if you need help at the trade deadline? And other decisions that a GM has to look at.

12 team AL only Keeper League (Use the current set of cards).

1. 26 round draft you can draft your AL Stadium in any round.

2. Only players carded to an AL team can be drafted and kept.

3. Draft on the boards and use a 30 min. clock. Pick times will run from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST (times will be posted and you will know what times you will draft each day). This will take us about 12 days to draft (I have used this method for plenty of leagues in the past and it works great). We will not have a clock for drafting during the weekends although picks can be made just don’t skip anyone on the weekends. No Clock for the first round/day please be ready to draft during your time and remember to send a proxy to someone if you can’t. When the clock is on a player can be skipped. We will use a randomizer for the order of our first draft.
4. $200 mil. cap; all roster transactions will use the 10% Free Agent penalty. We will use the frenzy to pick up/adjust your roster after the draft.

5. Only one season for each card set.

6. No prospect draft.

7. The initial draft is serpentine. After the first draft they will be based on records with an NBA draft lottery for the first round.

8. 1) The first 3 draft positions of the draft (except for our initial draft) will be determined by weighted NBA type draft lottery of the eight teams with the worst records (i.e. non playoff teams). All other draft choices and all other rounds are chosen in reverse order of finish.
2) The lottery works like this, We will have a list of five states, WI, AZ, CT, NJ, and CA, in this order.
3) The annual spring free agent will be determined by the lottery numbers on the first day AFTER the previous season's Strat postseason ends that the lottery occurs in those states.
4) We will take the pick 3 of the first state (WI), using only the last two numbers and use the chart below to determine who receives the first choice. We'll use AZ to choose the second choice, and CT to choose the third. If any of the first 3 states are duplicates (say WI and AZ numbers both choose the team with the 8th best record, then we use the last two states (NJ and CA). If after 5 states, we still have not chose 3 choices, then we go in reverse order after the choices that have been chosen.

Record of Team-last two numbers of pick 3 #

worst team 01-25 (25%)
11th best team 26-45 (20%)
10th best team 46-63 (18%)
9th best team 64-78 (15%)
8th best team 79-88 (10%)
7th best team 89-94 (6%)
6th best team 95-98 (4%)
5th best team 99-00 (2%)

example: On the day of the draft the numbers are WI-1(94), AZ-7(08), CT-3(19), NJ-8(66), The first choice goes to the team with the 7th best record, because of WI 94, the second choice goes to the team with the worst record because of AZ - 08, the 3rd choice would also have gone to the worst team, but the same team can not have 2 draft choices, so we got to the tiebreaker state, NJ, and the 66 means the 3rd choice goes to the team with the 9th best record. the 5th state is not needed.
The 4th pick goes to the team with the second worst record, and from this point on we go in reverse order of W-L record among teams who did not draw a high choice.

9. Draft picks are tradeable. As well as your players the Commish has final say on all trades.

10. All ties between teams will be broken by the previous seasons head to head win/loss records. If this does not break the tie, then we will use run differential, record within the division if from the same division, record against playoff teams, and finally a randomizer. (Go back to head to head once a tie has been broken if more than 2 teams).

11. Cut 10 players each year/be able to only keep 15 players. If you somehow wind up short players through trades there will be a supplemental round to even things out.

12. Must keep 25 guys on your team at all times and not more than that (if you have injuries you will play short that many players, or pick up a player from the FA pool. Remember if you drop a player someone else might pick them from the FA pool so be careful on your drops/adds).
13. To sign up and be part of the league you must send me your email address that way we will be able to say in touch better. Mine is sportspage2_2000@yahoo.com

14. Use only AL Stadiums. Stadiums can be changed through trade or drafted, after a season has been played an owner may draft a new stadium. We will use a worst to first on the records with a waiver system of drafting stadiums after the first season. Players may trade stadiums with other players except while a regular season is in progress.

15. Use unleashed/additional players if TSN makes them available.

16. Divisional assignments will change each season. They will be based on records East 1,4,7, & 10 Central 2, 5, 8, & 11 West 3, 6, 9, & 12. This same seeding will be used to determine the divisions for the first season of play based on the draft order.

17. All teams must meet SOM roster requirements at all times. Except for the rule that you must carry 11 pitchers and 14 hitters (if you want 10 pitchers and 15 hitters after the draft that is okay, just stay within the max/min. limits and the 25 players). In the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 25 man limit must return to the limit before any games have been played (penalty would be having to sit your highest salary of an uninjured hitter for the next series after the penalty is discovered).

18. All rule changes must pass by a super majority – 9 owners or more.

19. When we have to get a replacement owner(s) they will come in with full voting rights as soon as I accept them into the league. If we have more than one owner drop a lottery/randomizer will be run to determine which replacement owner gets which team.

20. All other TSN/SOM rules apply.

schnoogens

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 am

i,

1. Page2
2. WJS6768
3. GBrookes
4. Spider 67
5. joshflanagan
6. Terry101
7. Schnoogens

I continue to send my scouts to watch Pujols and Fielder - the #1 pick is at stake.

thisisray

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm

1. Page2
2. WJS6768
3. GBrookes
4. Spider 67
5. joshflanagan
6. Terry101
7. Schnoogens
8. thisisray

JDarrel9999

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Why doesn't strat-o-matic develope a keeper league with their existing cards. In other words draft your mlb
team with known players and then mask (change the name) on rookie players without showing their cards.
(after drafted you'll never know their true name until that card is retired)

They could run say 250 at bats and use those stats for a rookie draft among teams. Every 50 days or so you
have your league....play-offs....series and then a rookie draft....and immediately start another season.

Each team could retain a minor league team (say 8-10 players) where you could make call-ups or trade prospects.

This method would truly allow each Team Owner to build a dynasty. Any thoughts ideas?

Darrel Johnson
TeXas Longshots
Next

Return to Individual League Chat