NLD 32 - Let's Play Two

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 32 - Let's Play Two

PostWed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Hawk isn't going down easily. He's won the last two after losing the first three. I keep feeling we're due to breakout with some offense. We *did* manage 8 hits and three walks but couldn't manage to roll any BPHRs on Griffin's card while he got 2 off of Lohse. We did get some breaks on P(x) and a WP.

Battled back to tie in the top of the 9th, but Saunders led off with a 1-9 BPHR to end the game. Well, we're going back to our place with Grienke against Iwakuma. Hopefully we can hit him this time!

BigAlric

PostThu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Hey Guys,

Thinking ahead to NLD 33. We've never done a $60 mil league. Anyone interested in trying that next?

Also, might be useful to start indicating your interest for the next time and any time where your schedule won't allow. I know GB said he was coming back.

Stoney In
Big M
Semper
DJ
Jeep
Corky
AT
Keyzick
Hawk,
GB - in
Big A in,
JTJ - In

BigAlric

PostThu Jun 13, 2013 2:23 pm

I HATE THIS GAME; I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS GAME! :cry:

joethejet

PostFri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 am

BigAlric wrote:I HATE THIS GAME; I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS GAME! :cry:

I hear ya Big A. We're now tied 3-3 and Iwakuma (who is mediocre at best) has a 0.73 ERA and a .89 WHIP. You'd have thunk we'd faced Verlander! :shock:

We've had HUGE pitching advantages in all but game four, but we'll have to win game 7 now with Smyly v Wandy. We have NO confidence that we can hit anyone as we're at .185 for the series. After leading the league in runs scored, this is hard to believe. Short series comes down to breaks like 1-6 bpshi and 1-9 bphr hit by Trubmo in the first. :( Ouch.

Hawk has great D it's true, but the last three games have been tough. We're just lucky to even be plyaing game7 at this point. Wow.

We're due to shake loose at the plate, but I guess we'll see if we can break through.

Come on guys, we can do this! We averaged 5 runs a game against them in the regular season!

joethejet

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Well, we finally broke loose against Hawk AND got a few big lucky breaks to go with it. Par for the course in a short series.

Hit a 1-10 BPHR and a 1-12 HR back-to-back in a big six run inning. Also get a couple of insurance runs in part because his 1e2 2b made an error! :shock:

Interestingly enough Hawk out hit us in this game, but we got all of them in the same inning. Opposite of game 6.

SOM is a weird game. Gotta get some breaks to get through the playoffs and we did that. Hawk, you had a great season, I didn't know if we would break through, but you held us to a .187 BA. We barely did enough thanks to a few things going our way.

Now we'll see if we can knock off the "new kid on the block" and keep him from winning his first two NLDs! 8-)
Last edited by joethejet on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigmahon

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Congrats Geoff and Joe. Good luck guys. Have a great series! :mrgreen:

BigAlric

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 2:14 pm

I HATE THIS GAME; I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS GAME!

joethejet

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks Big M.

Well, we're not off to a good start. Lost both games at home last night. Ouch.

On the bright side, we went 4-2 in his park during the regular season.

First game an error by Infante cost us six runs, but basically we just didn't get it done. At least we pounded out 23 hits in the two games.

GB's squad definitely out performed his regular season hitting stats last night. We're going to need the back-end of our rotation to be sterling tonight.

joethejet

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 am

Well between unearned runs (we have 5 errors in four games) and HRs by unexpected sources (e.g. Aybar, Seager) we're lucky to still be playing. Had to hit our own 1-2 BPHR (after an unearned run by him tied it in 11) to win game four in 12 innings and keep our dream alive. Need to win 3 in a row. I think we can do it with Lohse, Grienke and Wandy. His offense isn't as good (at least) on paper as it's been so far in the playoffs so hopefully he'll come back to Earth and we can get our O back to where it was during the regular season.

The playoffs are a completely different animal so who know what will happen. A complete crap shoot to be sure.

joethejet

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 12:38 am

Well, trailing 5-2 going into the 7th, breaks went our way. E on the Catcher and two 1-8 HRs plate five runs and we added an insurance run to win 8-5. The Pen isn't going to be deep for game six so we'll need to finally get a good start from someone.

We won't have our top 2 RPs and neither will he. His pen is deeper than ours so.... come on Greinke! 8-)

Still need two more wins. Gonna be tough.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat