Unique Stadiums 4 seasons

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

motherscratcher

Re: Unique Stadiums 4 seasons

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 pm

I love my team until I look at the whole thing all together. Then I hate it. And I can't figure out what to do about it.

I think I'll just continue to squint and only see bits and pieces at a time.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I love my team until I look at the whole thing all together. Then I hate it. And I can't figure out what to do about it.

Would it make you feel better by sending Honus Wagner to me?

Michael Grammes

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 11:19 pm

I have a lefty singles, righty HR park... in a division of lefty stadiums... with a crazy number of lefty pitchers in my division... I actually really really like my team.

prob just means I am screwed.

Semper Gumby

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Michael Grammes wrote:I have a lefty singles, righty HR park... in a division of lefty stadiums... with a crazy number of lefty pitchers in my division... I actually really really like my team.

prob just means I am screwed.

Building a Turner '05 team for this lefty leaning league is like my golf game. I'm screwed swinging for the pin or simply laying it up short and working my short game.

My first sign of trouble is I've never rostered any of my starting pitchers or the line-up card hitters except for Eddie Collins.

Second, I had a decent mix between LHBs and RHBs with long drives with the Biggio and Chipper cards anchoring my lefthand line-up card. In my experience, Biggio and Chipper chronically under perform. With the number of lefty parks, the greens looked great for Biggio/Chipper to hit their card weight.

I had my eyes on George Brett hitting the free agent rolls but Bernie dropped Eddie Matthews' newly priced card. While I assessed Chipper Jones' card higher than Eddie's for this league, Eddie M's "new" card is still a monster. In my three other running leagues, he's among the RC/27 leaders. I figured a LHB bat hitting in the parks beats a $9.71m "RHB" in those parks. So, I dropped Chipper and grabbed Eddie a few times.

With the extra cash, I had no great place to spend it unless I upgraded Larry Bowa. When Eddie Collins hit the free agent wire, I grabbed him knowing he hits, fields, and runs better than most in this set. In my uses of Eddie, he's never disappointed me. Otherwise, I'd go long with Biggio and hope he didn't just lead the league in HBPs.

Finally, I expect my Turner team to struggle if Barry keeps getting walked while Ernie Banks gets 6 homeruns. :twisted:

motherscratcher

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I love my team until I look at the whole thing all together. Then I hate it. And I can't figure out what to do about it.

Would it make you feel better by sending Honus Wagner to me?

It's actually one of the first times I've used him. Usually, in $100m SS is one of the places I skimp and go for cheap defender. This is a luxury for me. And I picked up Ward because somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain I remember Druid saying likes Ward to back up Wagner due to his injury risk. And if Druid says it it's usually good advice.

I don't like my team because ALL of my hitters are leaning the same way. But there was no idividual player I wanted to change out. I talked myself into it because of the high amount of lefty starters that Michael mentioned.

Also, I'm a M.A.S.H unit waiting to happen.

Michael Grammes

PostSun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 am

twas only 5 pages down... back to the top so we can start thinking bout season 2!

Semper Gumby

Re: Unique Stadiums 4 seasons draft is DONE!

PostSat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 am

Stadium selection

modmark46 wrote:$120m, DH.
All we need now are the divisions and the league to be created, and we can start filling. :)

honestiago:
1. Petco Park, - 2. Connie Mack '57, - 3. Yankee Stadium '71 G - 4. Braves Field '09

2 Modmark:
1. Minute Maid Field '05, - 2. Yankee Stadium '56, - 3. Griffith '41 - 4. Catholic Prep Oval (Nel)

3 Terry101:
1. Forbes '57, - 2. Connie Mack '64, - 3. Yankee Stadium '48. - 4. Sportsman's '41 NL

4 BDWard:
1. League Park '34; - 2. Shibe Park (AL) '41; - 3. Sportsman's '20; - 4. Shibe Park '50

5 dharmabums:
1. Hilltop '11, - 2. Penmar (NeL), - 3. Fulton County '78, - 4. Terrapin (NeL)

6 Moscratch:
1. Dunn Field '20, - 2. Forbes '54, - 3. Schorling Park (NeL)- 4. Hunt Ave Grds '11

7 Mykeedee:
1. Griffith '57, - 2. Royals '80, - 3.Martin Park (NeL) - 4.Fenway '67

8 reggie reigns:
1. Wrigley '59, - 2. Griffith '11, - 3.League Park '11 - 4. Polo Grounds '41

9 Mr. Leo
1. Shea '71, - 2. Ebbets '55, - 3.Stars Park (NeL) - 4. Tropicana '05

10 thaibill:
1. Metropolitan '71, - 2. Griffith '54, - 3. Yankee '57 - 4. Yankee '78

11 Semper Gumby:
1. Memorial '57, - 2. County Stadium '57, - 3. Wrigley '78 - 4. Turner '05

12 TheTallGuy747:
1. Forbes '65, - 2. Polo '11, - 3. Griffith '24 - 4. South End Grounds '11

thetallguy747

PostTue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 am

bump

Semper Gumby

PostThu Apr 04, 2013 4:50 am

My Turner Field based team awards

Best pick: Bruce Sutter - Cy Young award winner; 90+ games with 280+ innings tossed

Worse pick: Eddie Collins - $10.59 but played like a $5 card; Eddie had 100+ Ks on a card with 0 K chances; 70 extra pitcher card rolls don't help.

"Can I keep him" pick: : Bruce Sutter

"Who I missed out on" pick: Turkey Stearnes Turkey getting drafted surprised me. He typically sits on the waiver wire. I lost out on the CFs with the loss of Turkey. Andre Dawson did a nice job at under $8 but Turkey caused me to shuffle my OF.

Ichiro Suzuki's 2004 card disappointed me. I've never seen him with less than 230+ hits. He had plenty of LHPs to hit off and still couldn't do it.
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat