Bud Selig Keeper League----ThisisDan what's up

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Bud Selig Keeper League----ThisisDan what's up

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 pm

When will be doing our mid-year supp. draft and starting season 2.

Paul Long

Paul_Long71

Re: Bud Selig Keeper League----ThisisDan what's up

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 12:22 am

bump

thisisdan26

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 11:37 am

I've been looking over things for the past couple of days in this league and I'm still debating on the best course of actions for the Supp./FA drafts. If anyone else here is in the Pesos or NAKL, or any Keeper that is just getting back into the swing of things, they know that a Supplemental Draft right now does not make much sense. However, Kramer has acquired 2 Supp picks (1st and 2nd Round) and there are 10 acquired picks (as of now) in the first 3 rounds of the Spring FA draft. So this makes it difficult to find a balance between fulfilling Kramers acquired picks in the Supp. Draft, while still trying to maintain a player pool for the managers who have acquired early Spring FA picks (which hold more value in a "normal" season").

Paul_Long71

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I'd say just go with what we've been doing. Have the midseason supp draft (for those who want it) and then start season 2. If we want to get rid of the mid-season supp. draft, fine....but do it starting next year.

thisisdan26

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I'd say just go with what we've been doing. Have the midseason supp draft (for those who want it) and then start season 2. If we want to get rid of the mid-season supp. draft, fine....but do it starting next year.

Easier said than done Paul. I do not want to scrub the mid season supp draft for good because it does serve a purpose when it is held in the ACTUAL middle of the season. To hold it now is like holding a "post season" draft, which takes away from the player pool for the Spring FA draft. People that are in the Pesos League have to be sick of hearing me say this, however, it is a very legitimate point. Let me break it down simply:

- The MLB Regular season, for all intents and purposes, is over. Stats are basically set, and no one really is changing a whole ton.

- To hold a "Mid Season" Supp. Draft now, everyone will want to participate, and rightfully so, because they can grab the players with all but set in stone statistics. There is essentially ZERO risk about how your picks fair for the rest of the season. There IS risk when drafting players in a normal Supp. Draft in June/July.

- I misspoke earlier when I said that Kramers has acquired 2 Supp. picks. He actually traded away 2 Supp Picks...One (1st Round to Me (thisisdan) and a 2nd Rounder to Sksnsfan.

- And finally...I hate to hold a Supp draft now mostly because it takes away from the player pool in the Spring FA draft.

With all of this said...there were trades made, so I think it is impossible to completely ditch this Supp. Draft or turn it into a Hybrid with the Spring FA draft. I will again follow in Ninersphan's footsteps with the protocol here because we had a very similar situation in the NAKL.

We will hold an abbreviated 2 Round Supp. Draft to allow those who acquired Supp picks to make their picks. Anyone who does not want to participate is NOT obligated to make any drops prior to Season 2.

Return to Individual League Chat