HCKL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: HCKL Chat Thread

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 5:14 pm

blsmith7 wrote:i'm pretty sure it's "playball"

And how would anyone know, I have neithr gotten an e-mail nor seen it posted here on the thread. :o

lev.cohen

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
blsmith7 wrote:i'm pretty sure it's "playball"

And how would anyone know, I have neithr gotten an e-mail nor seen it posted here on the thread. :o

I got an email saying it was "playball"

qksilver69

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm

You are 1st on the "To" line Bill, send date was Fri Oct 5th:
title:
"apologies need to restart HCKL loading"

Correct league is:

HCKL 2012 Season TWO

password: "playball"

Sorry it looks like by not setting a password people could joint by default, apologies guys, need East to reload.

Thanks,
Dave

qksilver69

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Smokey will complete the Central tomorrow morning. I have emailed the West teams to have them check in & see if they can load tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

qksilver69

Re: HCKL Chat Thread - responsiveness

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi guys,

I still have not heard from Shakey in a long long time. If he does not check in soon via email or the boards, I will replace him with one of the guys who applied when we took Lev on.

And that leads me to an issue: responsiveness.

I know SOM is not life, and we all have ebbs & flows with our ability to participate, but the thing that is really tough to manage are different levels of responsiveness among our members, which is why I called this league "hard core" from the beginning - tried to weed out those candidates who were half into it. Basically, I expect turnaround within 1 day when I call for check-ins or specific actions by league members, unless it's weekend or unless someone has told me they're out of town/offline.

To sum it up, SOM already killed some of the fun & momentum from these leagues for me with the transition, and chasing folks kills it further for me. So I have a few options:

1) kill the league
2) hand off admin of it to someone else
3) be a real SOB about people replying and start kicking folks out who take too long

I am leaning towards #3 right now. So for those folks who don't think they can hang with a general 1 day turnaround, please let me know now. Also, for those of you who have given me your cellphone/text #s, I am perfectly fine with that as a way to reach you as long as you still reply within a day.

We have 3 left in the West, doesn't look like we'll make it tonight but rest assured, I will get us moving again.

Thx,
Dave/Qk

lev.cohen

Alexei Ramirez

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 1:13 pm

On the roster sheet it says that i own him, but a different team currently has him

qksilver69

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Email sent, should be taken care of shortly.

qksilver69

Re: HCKL Chat Thread - updated rosters

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Updated rosters sent! Please check your emails & let me know if you did not receive.

Also, I'm interested in trading. I have a good leadoff man/CF in Aoki for next year, but he may be surplus.

Looking to package Estrada (decent SP card) + Aoki for a very good * SP this year & next, can add other stuff depending on the card I get back.

Also need RPs for next season if you have any.

qksilver69

2013 FA Draft!

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi HCKL gang,

Happy New Year! It's time to start our HCKL FA draft, which for newbies is a pre-card draft.

Please let me know preferences for starting Jan 7 or Jan 14.

Thanks!

Dave/Qk

Stoney18

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 12:39 pm

14th would be preferable
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat