The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Zizka

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 2:37 pm

May I enquire how, in the name of all that is holy, timklucinec's team ended up with zero prospects and no first round pick? What ethereal, invisible, mammoth thing did he get in return for these things?

When asked by the local press how Zizka felt about the franchise he replied, "we can't hit, we can't pitch, we have nothing coming up in the system. Other than that, we're beautiful. :D

The Turtle

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 3:17 pm

Zika, the trade history is on the document. Let's say not a lot of deals went his way.

seanreflex

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 3:54 pm

Zizka wrote:May I enquire how, in the name of all that is holy, timklucinec's team ended up with zero prospects and no first round pick? What ethereal, invisible, mammoth thing did he get in return for these things?

When asked by the local press how Zizka felt about the franchise he replied, "we can't hit, we can't pitch, we have nothing coming up in the system. Other than that, we're beautiful. :D

Bob, I was looking at your roster last night, wondering the same exact thing! I was looking to offer some draft picks to you but you literally have NOTHING ... good news is, you'll most likely have some very high picks next year. Sorry man .

dc irish

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Welcome Zizka... While your team can't get worse, at least you fell into a league that will rib you mercilessly for years on the condition of your team!

Maybe Ryan Braun resigns and gives you a .700 OPS guy for next year? #silverlinings

Zizka

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 4:16 pm

dc irish wrote:Welcome Zizka... While your team can't get worse, at least you fell into a league that will rib you mercilessly for years on the condition of your team!

This seems to be the best I can hope for.

Zizka

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 4:19 pm

We're going to give the 1899 Cleveland Spiders a run for their dang money.

Zizka

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 4:40 pm

The Turtle wrote:Zika, the trade history is on the document. Let's say not a lot of deals went his way.

2018 2nd round FA
2018 2nd round Prospect
for Yonder f___ing Alonso

2019 1st round FA
2019 1st round Prospect
for Clay g__d__n Allen

Are you absolutely SH___ING me??

This kind of rape ends NOW.

Notice given, ffs.

The Turtle

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 4:40 pm

At least I traded him Austin Nola before last season began in a somewhat fair deal.

Now that Niko Goodrum trade? DC really suckered him in on that one. A first rounder for Niko and a third? Ouch.

Zizka

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 4:51 pm

The Turtle wrote:At least I traded him Austin Nola before last season began in a somewhat fair deal.

Now that Niko Goodrum trade? DC really suckered him in on that one. A first rounder for Niko and a third? Ouch.

Well, I like Niko as a player more than I like him as a "card." I've been playing this game since 1964 when I was a kid. I've seen some rum deals. I don't want to speak ill of those not around, but was timklucinec a young man?

To anyone reading: Anyone on this roster is available for draft picks of any kind. Look at Pollock vs. lefties. If Yolmer has a card it's gold standard. Kiermaier ( -5 arm) is going to bounce back. Austin Romine is going to get playing time. Austin Nola has game.

Any name on this roster is available but I need coins. And if I don't get coins for the guy I keep the guy and move on.

Roscodog

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 6:54 pm

Flowers-C
Vogelback-1b
Sogard-utl
Arteaga-utl
Ray-SP
P.Sandoval-SP
Giles-RP
Walden-RP
Hale-RP