The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

blsmith7

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 pm

This is ridiculous! Who's running this league, anyway? Jody, since you only check in once a month, the draft will take at least a month and a day. So, we're gonna have a supplemental draft now, after the MLB season is over? That's a joke. Part of the mystery of the supplemental draft is taking guys (the few that there are available) based on an incomplete season. Now, we all have a full season's stats on which to base decisions, and I would argue that goes against the intention of a supplemental draft. All this will do is dilute an already thin draft pool, all for someone who has admitted he doesn't check in regularly. Turtle, now guys are gonna have to decide who to drop, ... if they want to take part, ... and ask about who's available. I'm sure it'll just take two days :lol: We should just get the season started and be done with it. Don't reward the squeaky wheel in this case, when a decision was already made by committed owners. Here's a clue people - check in regularly! It's my biggest pet peeve with this league (and keeper leagues in general if you don't have committed owners). If you can't commit to checking in once a day (which takes a matter of seconds), then don't join a keeper league. I love the 24 team idea, but this is just annoying.

buzz082308

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 pm

In case you get the "access denied" message on freds post.
fred and I made a trade last season.
I sent him Gentry and a 3rd round 2013 FA draft pick. I received Gardner.

spelling edit
Last edited by buzz082308 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fredpaii

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks buzz.

Terry101

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 pm

We need one more in the East to load.

Rant

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 am

Terry, you need to load up in 2010 Keeper. Please see the thread for info.

Rant

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 am

blsmith7 wrote:This is ridiculous! Who's running this league, anyway? .... Part of the mystery of the supplemental draft is taking guys (the few that there are available) based on an incomplete season. Now, we all have a full season's stats on which to base decisions, and I would argue that goes against the intention of a supplemental draft.

It's a hard league to run without the interruption from SOM, with it, it's a thankless endeavor. So, cut the Commish a little slack.

I have to agree with the second portion of bl's statement. Supplemental drafts are designed to give owners a chance to address a need they overlooked in the initial draft, and to stock up for next year. If it's for the latter, having a complete season to work from changes the equation.

I was hoping we could avoid a formal vote, but if this is still a question, I suggest a formal vote. We should, however, continue to load teams, as we've already been waiting for not an insignificant amount of time.

The Turtle

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Here is the deal. I am open to the draft since it is in the rules. But, we need to load teams now. There is no one out there that is going to give you extra wins now. Really, all that is left is RP if you look at the players available, which needs to be double checked.

The draft will not take 2 days. It will take forever!!!!!!! because of drops, which you are not counting. 24 owners have to make drops or abstain before we can even start the draft.

So, Jody, please load your team by Wed night. If not, I will start to look for a replacement. It is not fair to hold up the league from playing, when no one is going to give your team more wins for the upcoming season.

Here is the vote to kill the supplemental draft for the 2011 season:

1. Turtle - Yes (no draft)

blsmith7

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Turtle - I did not intend to offend you. I appreciate the job, and the efforts you are going to in an attempt to keep this league moving.

So, Jody, please load your team by Wed night. If not, I will start to look for a replacement. It is not fair to hold up the league from playing, when no one is going to give your team more wins for the upcoming season.

Here is the vote to kill the supplemental draft for the 2011 season:

2. Smitty - Yes (no draft)

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm

I want a draft.

I can use some relief help.

Rant

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:26 pm