The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Zizka

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 6:54 pm

Put me down as "whatever the group decides." I'm still trying to field 9 guys that actually look like a team. :D

Asherdad

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 10:47 am

As to the question, "Should we be able to change stadiums?" my personal preference is yes.

However, what is the logic behind partially limiting it? Lets either have a league where we can change or we can't, as we have now.

A Couple Suggestions:
1) We could add a round to our draft for stadiums. We can have them as keepers in the same way as we do for the rest of our players. If you want to keep your stadium, you can or you can pick a new one in draft order.

2) For those who want to limit, we could have a sabbatical year, 1 year every 3, 5, 7, etc years where if you want to change stadiums you can and we would conduct it like mentioned above. This would limit the work for Cal.

Those are my thoughts.

calbatross

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 10:05 pm

Thank you for all the comments.

I sense that the sentiment when this league was established is that much like in MLB, you choose your stadium and then you live in it. However, Strat owners don't get to decide things in the MLB world, such as when walls are moved, or when a new stadium is built.

Since it is reasonable to expect a stadium to stay at least somewhat consistent, it seems fair that owners in stadiums with significant, franchise-altering Strat changes from one year to the next get a chance to 'relocate,' while smaller Strat stadium changes should continue to be something owners adapt to.

I am going to recommend a rule change for severe year-to-year stadium changes only.

In the D2D league, there is a rule for severe changes that looks like this:

If the BP effects change by +/-6 in one category or by +/-15 in all four categories combined the owner may change stadiums after the bottom teams have made their selection.

I believe these are fair criteria for determining a severe change.

That would mean for this year, teams in the following stadiums could opt to change:
Rogers Centre (Tor) - BPS-R changed by 7, Total of changes = 19
Camden Yards (Bal) - BPS-R changed by 10, BPHR-L changed by 14, BPHR-R changed by 14, Total of changes = 39
Nationals Park (Was) - BPS-L changed by 9, BPS-R changed by 6, Total of changes = 19
Marlins Park (Mia) - BPS-L changed by 7

Currently, the relevant stadium rules read:

3) Stadiums are unique and belong to each owner for the duration of the league. There will be no annual or seasonal draft of new stadiums, so choose your stadium wisely.
4) New owners may select a new stadium from the list of available stadiums if desired. If opting for a new stadium, new owners may not trade that stadium in their first year of play.

My recommended changes are:

3) Stadiums are unique and belong to each owner for the duration of the league, except
a) if the BP effects change by +/-6 in one category or by +/-15 in all four categories combined, the owner may request to change stadiums. Eligible owners wishing to change stadiums must state their intentions within 1 week after the new set becomes available for play online. If more than one eligible owner elects to change stadiums, a stadium draft will be held promptly. The ballpark draft order will be the same as the Free Agent draft order with no lottery adjustments.

b) If a new owner joins mid-year, the new owner must continue to play out the Strat year in the stadium associated with the team. However, new owners are eligible to participate in the stadium draft at their first opportunity.

I will leave this matter open for comment for another day or two before posting a formal request for vote/check-in.

The Turtle

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 3:15 pm

I vote of the proposed rule change. (in case I don't check in again until cards are closer to dropping, just starting this out)

1. Turtle - YES

Rant

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 1:54 pm

calbatross wrote:
That would mean for this year, teams in the following stadiums could opt to change:
Rogers Centre (Tor) - BPS-R changed by 7, Total of changes = 19
Camden Yards (Bal) - BPS-R changed by 10, BPHR-L changed by 14, BPHR-R changed by 14, Total of changes = 39
Nationals Park (Was) - BPS-L changed by 9, BPS-R changed by 6, Total of changes = 19
Marlins Park (Mia) - BPS-L changed by 7

I'll wind up voting yes if there's no change to the language.

My gut reaction is that the singles alone triggering a change feels off somehow. In this list, Marlins Park did install turf and try to make it a more hitter friendly park a couple years ago, so, I guess I'm ok with it, but doesn't feel appreciably different.

The Blue Jays and Nats had significant fluctuations across the board, but I'm not sure the parks themselves changed. 19 seems like a good amount of change, does 15?

Camden Yards went through a big change, no question that's a different park.

calbatross

League Check-In/Vote

PostSat Feb 11, 2023 7:37 pm

Hi,

It's time to check in for 2023 and register your vote on the following stadium change proposal.

3) Stadiums are unique and belong to each owner for the duration of the league. There will be no annual or seasonal draft of new stadiums, so choose your stadium wisely.
4) New owners may select a new stadium from the list of available stadiums if desired. If opting for a new stadium, new owners may not trade that stadium in their first year of play.

The proposed changes are:

3) Stadiums are unique and belong to each owner for the duration of the league, except
a) if the BP effects change by +/-6 in one category or by +/-15 in all four categories combined, the owner may request to change stadiums. Eligible owners wishing to change stadiums must state their intentions within 1 week after the new set becomes available for play online. If more than one eligible owner elects to change stadiums, a stadium draft will be held promptly. The ballpark draft order will be the same as the Free Agent draft order with no lottery adjustments.

b) If a new owner joins mid-year, the new owner must continue to play out the Strat year in the stadium associated with the team. However, new owners are eligible to participate in the stadium draft at their first opportunity.

A YES vote means you would like to implement the proposed changes. A NO vote will leave stadium rules as they currently read.

1. Turtle YES
2. calbatross YES

Roscodog

Re: League Check-In/Vote

PostSat Feb 11, 2023 8:30 pm

Hi,

It's time to check in for 2023 and register your vote on the following stadium change proposal.

A YES vote means you would like to implement the proposed changes. A NO vote will leave stadium rules as they currently read.

1. Turtle YES
2. calbatross YES
3. Roscodog YES

blsmith7

PostSat Feb 11, 2023 8:34 pm

Hi,

1. Turtle YES
2. calbatross YES
3. Roscodog YES
4. Blsmith7 YES

seanreflex

PostSat Feb 11, 2023 9:04 pm

Hi,

1. Turtle YES
2. calbatross YES
3. Roscodog YES
4. Blsmith7 YES
5. Seanreflex YES

dc irish

PostSat Feb 11, 2023 9:11 pm

Clarification: Does the new stadium draft occur before or after Free Agent and Prospect drafts?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat