The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

seanreflex

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 2:08 pm

ed1447 wrote:.... or we could change the name of the league to "Low T KL" ....

That should be my team's name!! :D

Roscodog

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 pm

:lol:
seanreflex wrote:
Asherdad wrote:Hey guys!
I have been apart of this league for 8 years now and I have a confession to make, actually two:

1) Until today, I had no idea how we did the lottery for the first 3 picks. I never realized we were using actual lottery numbers. I also learned what a pick-3 is.

2) I don't know what TKL stands for. I have always assumed that the KL was keeper league, but what is the T, and please don't tell me it is "The". Obviously you can but I will be disappointed ;)

If you’ve mistaken this group of misfit managers for priests you can give a confessional to, you may have bigger issues than not knowing what the “T” stands for!! :lol: :D

PS: I have no idea what it stands for either!

Zizka

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

Asherdad wrote:Hey guys!
I have been apart of this league for 8 years now and I have a confession to make, actually two:

1) Until today, I had no idea how we did the lottery for the first 3 picks. I never realized we were using actual lottery numbers. I also learned what a pick-3 is.

2) I don't know what TKL stands for. I have always assumed that the KL was keeper league, but what is the T, and please don't tell me it is "The". Obviously you can but I will be disappointed ;)

If I have yet another 100-game losing season I could have some choice words for TKL, but I can't come up with something dirty enough for the "k." :D

Asherdad

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm

Thanks guys,
I think I am moving forward with

TEAM

Still feel a bit silly as that makes too much sense and I did not think of it.

calbatross

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 pm

I've never known. I always figured the T stood for "Turtle's" since he was in both TKL and the New TKL (now LP2) :P

Zizka

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

Just a note. Last week I went to Cooperstown to see the Hall of Fame. My daughter bought me the whole trip for my 70th birthday. It was glorious. Now if only my White Sox would remember what they're fighting for. Sheeesh...

The Turtle

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 pm

calbatross wrote:I've never known. I always figured the T stood for "Turtle's" since he was in both TKL and the New TKL (now LP2) :P

I didn't start this one. I did the other one, though, I think. It's been so long. One of these 24 team keepers I started, lol

calbatross

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 11:53 pm

Zizka wrote:Just a note. Last week I went to Cooperstown to see the Hall of Fame. My daughter bought me the whole trip for my 70th birthday. It was glorious. Now if only my White Sox would remember what they're fighting for. Sheeesh...

Very nice!

As for the White Sox, all I can say is I am sorry.

Rant

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am

The Turtle wrote:
calbatross wrote:I've never known. I always figured the T stood for "Turtle's" since he was in both TKL and the New TKL (now LP2) :P

I didn't start this one. I did the other one, though, I think. It's been so long. One of these 24 team keepers I started, lol

Looks like it was cshannajr who started this. https://forum-365.strat-o-matic.com/archivesn/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=580203

That was a quick trip down a rabbit hole. I forgot I gave up on Jose Altuve (by trade) when it didn't seem to he would ever get better than a 3 range and no power. :oops:

seanreflex

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 am

Thank you for posting this, Grant. It's really interesting to see the genesis of the league.

I wonder where some of those guys went - SuperFlyMacDaddyJuice, Hveed, Gary Page, albert2B ... trip down a rabbit hole for sure.

That it's still going 15 yrs later is awesome!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat