8. WPWangFuddle
9. Aray - IN
10. Nythawk-IN
11. Smitty - IN
12. thisisdan IN

peterdouglas38

Re: Major League Keeper League (MLKL)

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 3:16 pm

BillyV did resurface, so we know he's in, and Ted is in.

Anybody seen sknsfan?

Once we have him, we can commence with the supp draft.

blsmith7

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 pm

I don't know how you know Billy is in, or Ted either, but you're also forgetting that we need at least two replacements for KD and BBasebrawl. Champ did indicate interest, but we certainly can't do anything until we clarify some things.

Plus, I would even question the need for a supplemental draft at all. The major league season is virtually over. All a supplemental draft would do now is deplete the FA draft next spring. Part of the thing about a supplemental draft is that there is some risk drafting someone based upon half a season's worth of stats. Now, there would be no risk, and it would only make the next draft that much weaker. I personally would vote against having a supplemental draft and chalk it up as a strike shortened season.

TefJ

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Let's see who is in:

1. Peter IN
2. Bbasebrawl - out
3. sknsfan
4. BillyV
5. Kaviksdad-OUT
6. Rosco - IN
7. ThisisRay - IN
8. WPWangFuddle - IN
9. Aray - IN
10. Nythawk-IN
11. Smitty - IN
12. thisisdan IN

Edit: TefJ = WPWangfuddle on the new board.

Sorry, guys, didn't see this thread. I'm definitely in, but I can't really help out much in running the league. Is there anyone willing to step up and keep records for this league? I'm sure we can find plenty of replacement managers here if we need people, but we need a commish and record keeper.

peterdouglas38

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Yeah, wrong of me to assume he's in since he's in in another league. I think he just doesn't know there's a new thread. I blame this mostly on the new site. But, you're right, how in the name of anything to I know.

peterdouglas38

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Talked to Billy. He's in.

bvargus

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Guys, I say this every year; after the season ends and several months go by, it doesn't make sense to suddenly post on the boards and expect people to see it, as if they're going to be checking in every day throughout months of inactivity. This is a different situation, but the same principle applies. Why is it so hard to send out emails to everyone?
Anyway, I agree with Smitty about the supplemental draft. I think we should skip it and have more talent in the free agent draft.

peterdouglas38

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 11:51 pm

I agree about supp draft, but can we do it when guys have traded for supp picks? If nobody has, we can skip.otherwise, we have to, I think.

Also, if someone has the current league spreadsheet with all trades and rules, I'd volunteer as new commish.

thisisdan26

PostSat Sep 22, 2012 12:15 am

bvargus wrote:Guys, I say this every year; after the season ends and several months go by, it doesn't make sense to suddenly post on the boards and expect people to see it, as if they're going to be checking in every day throughout months of inactivity. This is a different situation, but the same principle applies. Why is it so hard to send out emails to everyone?
Anyway, I agree with Smitty about the supplemental draft. I think we should skip it and have more talent in the free agent draft.

Agreed about NO SUPP draft
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat