Major League Keeper League (MLKL)

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

thisisray

Re: Major League Keeper League (MLKL)

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 10:34 am

Proposal to change the league roster rules, article two to read:
2) Each team can carry a 28-man league roster for the entire season and remove roster expansion after game 132.

Splinter - Yes
Roscodog- No
Turtle-Yes
Edudb-Yes
Smitty - Yes
Evanthomas- Yes
hawk- NO
baseball CFO - Yes
hveed - NO
thisisray - no

chilliards

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 7:45 pm

thisisray wrote:Proposal to change the league roster rules, article two to read:
2) Each team can carry a 28-man league roster for the entire season and remove roster expansion after game 132.

Splinter - Yes
Roscodog- No
Turtle-Yes
Edudb-Yes
Smitty - Yes
Evanthomas- Yes
hawk- NO
baseball CFO - Yes
hveed - NO
thisisray - no

I am torn on this, see advantages either way in this league......I will vote Yes and leave last vote to decide

hveed

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Splinter - Yes
Roscodog- No
Turtle-Yes
Edudb-Yes
Smitty - Yes
Evanthomas- Yes
hawk- NO
baseball CFO - Yes
hveed - NO
thisisray - no
Chillards - Yes

Last vote will decide it, no pressure Mike!

The Turtle

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 4:27 pm

I had an interesting idea. I am going to pitch it here first, as I am pretty sure we still have a supplemental draft.

What if we played 1 season with the normal deck and then the second season with unleashed. Unleashed players would only be eligible to be take in the supplemental draft (unless already owned). This would make season 2 a lot different and it would give the losing teams something that actually might make them a winner. As it is with all of these leagues, the supplemental draft is mostly pointless. Some leagues have even dumped them. This would make us a lot different than the other leagues and would give season 2 a nice jolt. For instance, Smitty is 17-19 but in season 2 would have Sean Manaea to help him. And Edub who is 15-21 would have Hays and Will Smith. And someone would be able to draft Sam Hilliard to help them out. Thoughts?

Roscodog

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Fun idea, but personally I’m opposed to it.
Takes away from the teams who built to have success this year.

The Turtle

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Roscodog wrote:Fun idea, but personally I’m opposed to it.
Takes away from the teams who built to have success this year.

To be fair, I don't think we could do it for this card set because the unleashed guys were eligible to be picked and some were like Hays and Civale by Edub. We'd have to start it next season due to those picks. Just an idea to mitigate how stale season 2 can get and how pointless a supplemental draft is.

hveed

PostFri Jul 10, 2020 4:26 pm

HI all,

Hope everyone is staying safe. I just wanted to post an update as most of the leagues here are in a bit of a state of limbo at the moment.

My thinking is that we have 3 options. 1) Wait until somewhere around mid-late August then hold the supplemental draft after we see who is playing in MLB this year, then start season 2. We can complete the summer prospect draft before that, 2) Skip the supplemental draft, hold the summer prospect draft and go straight into season 2 somewhere around 7/27 or 8/3 and 3) Skip both mid season drafts and start season 2 asap. Unless anyone has a better idea I would like to put this to a vote and go with the majority.

I will email the league and give the weekend for alternative/additional ideas like Turtle's unleashed idea. Personally I am open to just about anything at this point. Either way we can start a vote on Monday and go from there.

Thanks!

hveed

The Turtle

PostFri Jul 10, 2020 6:42 pm

1. Turtle (Option 1)

edub1969

PostFri Jul 10, 2020 10:19 pm

1. Turtle (Option 1)
2. edub1969 (Option 1) Hold Summer Prospect draft as proposed

hveed

PostMon Jul 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Option 1 Summer Prospect draft now, Supplemental draft after MLB starts (Mid Aug) then start season 2
Option 2 No supplemental draft. Start season 2 now. Summer Prospect draft would start now as well
Option 3 No mid season drafts...start season 2 ASAP

1. Turtle (Option 1)
2. edub1969 (Option 1) Hold Summer Prospect draft as proposed
3. hveed - (Option 2)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat