USKL 2 Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

blsmith7

Re: USKL 2

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Guys - it doesn't look like Bill (aka Niner) will be unable to continue with us if we want to get this league moving. Let me know if you know of someone who might be interested in jumping in last minute. I have a couple of guys I will reach out to as well. If that is unsuccessful, I will post for a replacement on Wednesday in the hope of getting this moving.

On a personal note, it is very hard for me to lose two GMs of the caliber of Qsksilver and Ninersphan in the same offseason. I have nothing buy respect for those gentlemen and am saddened that life gets complicated too often and deprives them of something of enjoyment to us in this crazy world. It is not easy for me to keep this league going, and this is an easy one with no minor league portion to deal with. I totally understand the circumstances, and hope that both Dave and Bill can rejoin us at some later opportunity, but I will miss them.

Brian

blsmith7

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Gentlemen - just a quick public service announcement that probably should have been mentioned earlier - if you hit quote and then delete the bracket at the beginning at the end of the post, it keeps everything else including the colors. It makes it much easier and is quite simple.

Also, I reached out to a couple of potential GMs, but they are unable to join us at this time. So, I don't know if anyone else has any leads (though no one has replied) and I will have to open it up to the community.

On another note, again, I am very concerned about the viability of this league. I must take responsibility for that. But, given the lack of attention to the draft from more than one GM, it is obvious that this league is not a priority and there seems to be a dwindling supply of willing GMs to take over teams. There are going to have to be changes to ensure that the league will be able to continue. I would appreciate any comments you might have, given that this is OUR league, and I am just a steward. If I am unable to run the league appropriately, I would certainly move aside (as Commish) for someone more able to meet the demands. The floor is yours -

tcochran

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 pm

This is only my second card set in this league, Smitty, but I'm not sure you should blame yourself for managers drifting off. Yesterday, for example, there were 5 picks in a row that timed out. I'm commish in 6 different keeper leagues and I've never seen that before!

Perhaps the lack of a draft clock on the weekend has something to do with it? I know that I stay more involved when a draft races along -- it's a lot more fun to watch the picks pile up than it is to keep checking back to see if anybody has bothered to show up. As you know, I keep my draft clocks going 7 days per week, 10AM - 10PM Eastern.

It does seem more difficult to keep track of who's available in this league, so if you have the time, it might be good to update the rosters more often. I post my league rosters online in Google docs and, although I don't always succeed, I try to update them at the end of each round.

And finally, it's rare, but occasionally I have asked managers to step up or step out. Making everybody wait, round after round, shows a lack of respect. Obviously this is a game and real life situations should always take priority. When a manager realizes he can't keep up with league commitments, though, he should offer to step aside (just like Ninersphan did).

Sorry for the rant, but I don't think you should beat yourself up because a bunch of the managers wander off. That's on them!

Palmtana

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 pm

Over the past 4 years the FA draft for this league has averaged 25 days. Low of 18 and a high of 32. We are at 29. Without all of the timeouts we would be playing this coming Monday.

Speaking of "step up or step out", Teds issues with timely picking are well documented. Bill's situation is a one off (given the circumstances you might want to add some incentives for the new owner, Smitty.) Hawk is posting in other leagues so I'm not sure what's going on there.

As for the rest it may be a matter of "Others are timing out so It's alright if I do too." It comes down to the individual and how much investment they have in the league.

Smitty's, Terry's and my post are just preaching to the choir though. Let's hear from those who are having problems posting in a timely manner. How come? There may be reasons that aren't obvious that can be fixed.

Ninersphan

PostWed Jun 27, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm am sorry to do this to you guys. All I need to have a 25 man roster is a usable SP. If anyone can give me a small list of any available SP's that aren't all .50 guys, I could conceivably at least put a squad together with a 25 man roster so at least you guys can play this season.

I just can't do a full draft with no available list this time of year.

It's an option if you can't get someone to take my team

Palmtana

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Here's the summary of the day, Smitty. Enjoy your Rv'in.

Ninersphan wrote:I..... can play this upcoming season, but that's it. Also I forfeit any remaining picks.

Bill made some picks. 2 of which were invalid and one that he forfeited. So he's playing with 37 for Season 1. He's going to play Season 1 but we need to keep recruiting for a replacement for his team for Season 2.

Hawk let me know he would try to complete his picks tomorrow.

I let Cubit know he has 5 picks remaining.

My wife let me know.......gotta go.

blsmith7

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 1:40 pm

We've been waiting on Ted for his picks long enough. So, Bill and Hawk can make their park selections at any time (first come, first served). It's time to get this thing loaded and moving forward.

1. Champ - Citizen's Bank Pk
2. Palmtana - Camden Yards
3. Cubit
4. Ninersphan
5. Nythawk

nythawk129921

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 3:54 pm

We've been waiting on Ted for his picks long enough. So, Bill and Hawk can make their park selections at any time (first come, first served). It's time to get this thing loaded and moving forward.

1. Champ - Citizen's Bank Pk
2. Palmtana - Camden Yards
3. Cubit
4. Ninersphan
5. Nythawk - Yankee Stadium

blsmith7

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 pm

So, we need Cubit and Niner to select a ballpark. And we need Cubit to show up (and select about 5 more players, but they must be done before the end of the weekend, as well as WSJ6768 and HKMossy (and TimK for one). I am not going to allow any more draft picks after Sunday evening and rosters will be frozen. If ballparks are not chosen by the end of the day on Sunday, they will simply revert back to the previous ballpark. Show up guys!

Ninersphan

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 8:25 am

Citified if it’s available if not I’ll check later this afternoon and pick
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat