USKL 2 Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

KEVINEHLE

Re: USKL 2 Chat/Trades

PostThu Mar 23, 2023 10:41 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Some of you may remember, two years ago today, my youngest daughter was involved in a near fatal automobile accident.
Her life was saved, and lifelong injuries avoided due to the skill, dedication, and determination of the paramedics, doctors and therapists that helped her to heal and recover. I'm very happy to report that not only has she made a full recovery, but she is set to graduate from college this may and was just hired on Monday, for her first job in her chosen filed. She'll be moving into an apartment soon to start the "adult" phase of her life. I could not be prouder, happier of more thankful for the men and women and God's guiding hand that saw her and my wife and I through. that ordeal. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

If you are a parent, go hug your kids, you or they could be gone in a blink.

You'll forgive me now for posting this in my other leagues.

Bill - such an amazing story of resilience and human spirit. It may not mean much to her, but give her a hug from all of your on-line strato buddies. We're all like brothers, so when serious issues arise, we rally with all we can do. Prayers and words of comfort and encouragement. Love that she is doing so well! :D

Ninersphan

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 7:33 am

Thanks Kev and will do on the hug!!

seanreflex

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 9:36 am

KEVINEHLE wrote:
Bill - such an amazing story of resilience and human spirit. It may not mean much to her, but give her a hug from all of your on-line strato buddies. We're all like brothers, so when serious issues arise, we rally with all we can do. Prayers and words of comfort and encouragement. Love that she is doing so well! :D

Kevin - I've been playing Strat online since 2000. In 2009, I was paralyzed in a car accident. I was hospitalized and then in rehab for many months. While I was in rehab learning to live as a guy in a wheelchair, Strat was my saving grace. I received a package from a group of fellow Strat managers (still have no idea how they found me or put the package together). It had baseball cards, a couple hats from MLB teams, a couple baseball books, and two signed baseballs (signed by Tony Gwynn, and Mike Schmidt, my favorite two 80's players).
I also was visited by two different managers in person while I was in rehab. It was incredible, and I've never forgotten it. We never meet all these guys we compete with here in Strat, but it really is a great, supportive community.

Bill, so glad your daughter has recovered and reclaimed her life. I'm sure it has been a long 2 years for all of you.

blsmith7

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 11:40 am

Such great, inspiring stories here! Thank you to Bill and Sean for sharing...literally brings a tear to my eye. And continued good health and progress on all fronts.

Brian

KEVINEHLE

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 11:59 pm

seanreflex wrote:
KEVINEHLE wrote:

Kevin - I've been playing Strat online since 2000. In 2009, I was paralyzed in a car accident. I was hospitalized and then in rehab for many months. While I was in rehab learning to live as a guy in a wheelchair, Strat was my saving grace. I received a package from a group of fellow Strat managers (still have no idea how they found me or put the package together). It had baseball cards, a couple hats from MLB teams, a couple baseball books, and two signed baseballs (signed by Tony Gwynn, and Mike Schmidt, my favorite two 80's players).
I also was visited by two different managers in person while I was in rehab. It was incredible, and I've never forgotten it. We never meet all these guys we compete with here in Strat, but it really is a great, supportive community.

Bill, so glad your daughter has recovered and reclaimed her life. I'm sure it has been a long 2 years for all of you.

Sean, I hadn't checked back to this thread since responding to Bill about his amazing daughter. Wow, I had no idea about your brutal accident and what happened to you. I am so glad our SOM brethren put together that package for you. Gwynn and Schmidt? I would LOVE to have their autographs as well. So glad you are in my USKL League and also in USKL.
Lets have a FUN spring.

Hamilton17

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 11:56 am

I have some interesting players that I would consider trading, including Milwaukee IF Brian Anderson, who has been playing well early in the season. I don't really know the process/protocol/value, but I'm always down to visit, so if you have something "outside the box" that you want to visit about, just message me and we'll see if we can find a fit. :) Thanks!

Palmtana

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 10:30 pm

From last years Supp. Draft:

10. Palmtana - Pete Fairbanks RP TB
11. dcirish - Bryan Abreu RP HOU (I HAD FAIRBANKS TAGGED DAMN IT!!!!)

Turns out Abreu was the better pick, Jim. At least he is carded in the leashed set. Fairbanks is doing well again so I'll hold onto him and see if I can use him next year.

Palmtana

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 11:24 pm

Go ahead and post drops using the format I did. Number, First, Last.

Palmtana

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 11:22 am

dc irish wrote:Very exciting first round thus far

bigmahon wrote:I don't think Hawk knows we've started...

Chat in this thread please.

dc irish

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 11:31 am

Bob I think you can put me down for the Stadium Change draft. So I'll relinquish Camden.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat