PostTue Dec 26, 2017 10:38 pm

2noncommishvotesstillneededbump.

Cubit

Re: USKL 2

PostWed Dec 27, 2017 1:09 am

Coming in on This thanks to Bob's email:

Rule change proposal time.

Currently our stadium rule reads:

5. Your stadium is your stadium. Its part of the draft, and you're stuck with it, no matter how much Strato changes its ratings. If we're here in 5 years, then we can talk.

Last year we were allowed to change stadiums but the rule remains the same. Given the way this league (with 15 drops) churns and burns rosters, I think it would benefit the league if we could switch stadiums every year. GMKL and HCKL allow annual switches so it's not uncommon.

Stadiums can be changed year to year. A separate stadium draft will follow each FA draft and will be determined by combined won-loss records from the previous 2 seasons. Managers may also trade stadiums with other managers at any time except while a regular season is in progress.

Qksilver
TimK - Yes
Jack - No
Palmtana - Yes
Ninersphan - No
Cubit - Yes
WSJ6768 - No
HKMossy - Yes
Nythawk - Yes
Edub1969 - Yes
tcochran - Yes
Smitty

I think Jack has a point, but I will vote for the rule change because being locked in one forever is worse.

Ninersphan

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 8:55 am

Cubit wrote:Coming in on This thanks to Bob's email:

Rule change proposal time.

Currently our stadium rule reads:

5. Your stadium is your stadium. Its part of the draft, and you're stuck with it, no matter how much Strato changes its ratings. If we're here in 5 years, then we can talk.

Last year we were allowed to change stadiums but the rule remains the same. Given the way this league (with 15 drops) churns and burns rosters, I think it would benefit the league if we could switch stadiums every year. GMKL and HCKL allow annual switches so it's not uncommon.

Stadiums can be changed year to year. A separate stadium draft will follow each FA draft and will be determined by combined won-loss records from the previous 2 seasons. Managers may also trade stadiums with other managers at any time except while a regular season is in progress.

Qksilver
TimK - Yes
Jack - No
Palmtana - Yes
Ninersphan - No
Cubit - Yes
WSJ6768 - No
HKMossy - Yes
Nythawk - Yes
Edub1969 - Yes
tcochran - Yes
Smitty

I think Jack has a point, but I will vote for the rule change because being locked in one forever is worse.

Wasn't Jack's point, it was mine, he just copied my post and kept the same point. ;)

blsmith7

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Majority rules on the stadium issue and I will incorporate it into the rules. However, I will add the caveat that stadium changes are not mandatory and you may choose to retain your stadium from year to year. So, you must announce your decision to change stadiums prior to the annual FA draft, and a stadium draft will take place simultaneously with (or immediately following) the annual FA draft among those owners who decide to switch. The order will be the same as the FA draft order.

Ninersphan

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 am

Bump,

I know this one gets started later, but we may want to line up a replacement for qksilver.

thechamp87

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 am

Ninersphan wrote:Bump,

I know this one gets started later, but we may want to line up a replacement for qksilver.

I would be interested in joining the league

blsmith7

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 8:34 pm

I do have a replacement lined up should Dave still be unable to participate. Out of respect for him, and the fact that we start much later than the other keeper leagues, I told him I would wait til the last possible moment for him before we moved on. Someone has already expressed interest in taking his team, but I will definitely add Champ to the list, as we are always looking for quality owners to take over teams for whatever reasons.

blsmith7

PostTue May 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Bump

blsmith7

PostTue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Guys, I am coming up for air here and looking to get us going again. Thanks Bob for the nudge. It has been really hectic in my life, as I may have stated previously, because I took over the head softball coaching gig at my HS. We are currently 17-4 and coming up on playoffs.

When we last communicated, we had made the change regarding ballparks (see above), and wondering about Qksilver's participation. I have reached out to him to see if he will be able to join us. I am awaiting his response. In the meantime, we can begin the process of whittling down our rosters to the required 25. I will start a drop thread, which will turn into a FA draft thread. I will also send out the spreadsheet again in an email.

Hope all are well!

Brian

Palmtana

PostThu May 10, 2018 2:35 pm

We must state if we're changing our stadiums prior to the draft. I did it in the drop thread.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat