tcochran wrote:tcochran trades Todd Frazier to jflatour99

in exchange for Shin-Soo Choo

JF to confirm

I accept

tcochran

AL round-robin

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 pm

AMERICAN LEAGUE ROUND-ROBIN

When the Reelin' in the Years League finished its retro run, I began looking at other non-stop opportunities for us to pursue. I've never played in any of the All-Time Greats leagues and I wonder if any other ATG rookies would care to join me in a new multi-season endeavor?

12-SEASON COMMITMENT

How about an American League round-robin tournament? (And yes, if we can get this dialed, then it should be followed in a few weeks with a National League iteration).

12 teams, as shown below.
We will use the ATG VI set, as it currently exists (even if other cards are added or if version VII is issued before we finish).
Yes, to the DH option (for the AL).
$100 mil salary cap.
5-10-20% penalties for drops.
Standard game engine rules of 24-28 players.

Each manager rotates through all 12 teams once during the tournament.
Divisions randomized for each season.
Select your state lottery at signup; the first "daily 3" winners for the appropriate day will be used for division assignments.

Autodraft includes only players carded to your team; you choose the year of each player, if there are more than one available.
A player carded to more than one team in the league will only be available during the autodraft to the team for which he played the most games (e.g., Babe Ruth belongs to the Yankees in the autodraft -- and a Yankees card must be used during the season, if such a multi-carded player is drafted by them).

Any non-drafted AL-carded player is available during the waivers period, as long as he has played for your team.
Pitchers can not be swapped for hitters or vice versa, though (e.g., Ruth only pitches for Boston and only hits for New York).

Trades are okay, as long as you only end up with AL-carded players who have played for your team.

Teams would be as follows:

1. Boston Red Sox
2. Chicago White Sox
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Detroit Tigers
5. [Older] New York Yankees, through 1945 [incl. Baltimore Orioles 1901-1902]
6. [Later] New York Yankees, 1946-to-date
7. Philadelphia - Kansas City - Oakland A's
8. St. Louis Browns - Baltimore Orioles [incl. Milwaukee Brewers, 1901]
9. Washington Senators, to 1960 - Minnesota Twins
10. Midwest Expansion: Kansas City Royals & Milwaukee Brewers, to 1997 [incl. Seattle Pilots, 1969]
11. West Coast Expansion: Los Angeles - California - Anaheim Angels & Seattle Mariners
12. Other Expansion: Washington Senators, 1961-1971 - Texas Rangers & Toronto Blue Jays

Stadium selected can be any stadium used by your team in the proper time frame.
Team names can be any variation on those actually used, whether formal or informal; e.g., Murderers' Row for older Yanks or Bronx Bombers for more recent ones.

What do you think? Any takers?

1. tcochran - AZ

jflatour99

Re: Reelin' in the Years League

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 pm

AMERICAN LEAGUE ROUND-ROBIN

When the Reelin' in the Years League finished its retro run, I began looking at other non-stop opportunities for us to pursue. I've never played in any of the All-Time Greats leagues and I wonder if any other ATG rookies would care to join me in a new multi-season endeavor?

12-SEASON COMMITMENT

How about an American League round-robin tournament? (And yes, if we can get this dialed, then it should be followed in a few weeks with a National League iteration).

12 teams, as shown below.
We will use the ATG VI set, as it currently exists (even if other cards are added or if version VII is issued before we finish).
Yes, to the DH option (for the AL).
$100 mil salary cap.
5-10-20% penalties for drops.
Standard game engine rules of 24-28 players.

Each manager rotates through all 12 teams once during the tournament.
Divisions randomized for each season.
Select your state lottery at signup; the first "daily 3" winners for the appropriate day will be used for division assignments.

Autodraft includes only players carded to your team; you choose the year of each player, if there are more than one available.
A player carded to more than one team in the league will only be available during the autodraft to the team for which he played the most games (e.g., Babe Ruth belongs to the Yankees in the autodraft -- and a Yankees card must be used during the season, if such a multi-carded player is drafted by them).

Any non-drafted AL-carded player is available during the waivers period, as long as he has played for your team.
Pitchers can not be swapped for hitters or vice versa, though (e.g., Ruth only pitches for Boston and only hits for New York).

Trades are okay, as long as you only end up with AL-carded players who have played for your team.

Teams would be as follows:

1. Boston Red Sox
2. Chicago White Sox
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Detroit Tigers
5. [Older] New York Yankees, through 1945 [incl. Baltimore Orioles 1901-1902]
6. [Later] New York Yankees, 1946-to-date
7. Philadelphia - Kansas City - Oakland A's
8. St. Louis Browns - Baltimore Orioles [incl. Milwaukee Brewers, 1901]
9. Washington Senators, to 1960 - Minnesota Twins
10. Midwest Expansion: Kansas City Royals & Milwaukee Brewers, to 1997 [incl. Seattle Pilots, 1969]
11. West Coast Expansion: Los Angeles - California - Anaheim Angels & Seattle Mariners
12. Other Expansion: Washington Senators, 1961-1971 - Texas Rangers & Toronto Blue Jays

Stadium selected can be any stadium used by your team in the proper time frame.
Team names can be any variation on those actually used, whether formal or informal; e.g., Murderers' Row for older Yanks or Bronx Bombers for more recent ones.

What do you think? Any takers?

1. tcochran - AZ
2. jflatour99 - Mass.

padrenurgle1

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm

maybe...it sure sounds fun, and not as much scouting and drafting work.

One question though... do the cards list all the teams the guys played for, or do we only use the single team listed on the card, or do we have to do some kind of research to know whether or not a player played in the AL?

Is our other keeper league that got through 2002 permanently shelved? Has any news come out this year about them reissuing 2001-2006? (I still love my roster! And of course we put all that time into the initial draft).

thechamp87

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm

1. tcochran - AZ
2. jflatour99 - Mass.
3. thechamp87 Mass

tcochran

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 pm

padrenurgle1 wrote:maybe...it sure sounds fun, and not as much scouting and drafting work.

One question though... do the cards list all the teams the guys played for, or do we only use the single team listed on the card, or do we have to do some kind of research to know whether or not a player played in the AL?

Is our other keeper league that got through 2002 permanently shelved? Has any news come out this year about them reissuing 2001-2006? (I still love my roster! And of course we put all that time into the initial draft).

Hey Padre, yes, I believe there will be less effort in scouting and drafting -- certainly less time between seasons!

The way I picture it, the autodraft will be limited to players who are carded to your franchise(s). After that, though, you are free to use any AL-carded player who ever played for your franchise(s).

For example, if you have the latter-day Yanks, you can never acquire Raf Palmeiro, since he never played for the Yanks.

Likewise, you can not acquire Randy Johnson, either; he did play for the Yanks for a bit, however he does not have an AL card in the ATG6 set.

A good choice for acquisition might be Roger Clemens. He is not carded to the Yanks in the ATG6 set, however he did play for them and he does have AL cards in the set.

So yes, some research would be involved, but not a huge amount.

As to the Still Crazy After All These Years League, I'm still thinking it is on hiatus, rather than terminated. I have not seen any recent SOM comments on the 2001-2006 seasons, however Bernie did originally say he thought they would be online again at some point, after all of the transition work was completed.

tcochran

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 1:56 pm

thechamp87 wrote:1. tcochran - AZ
2. jflatour99 - Mass.
3. thechamp87 Mass

Hi Jon, thanks for signing up, welcome aboard!

One thing, though: We need to have unique lottery states for each manager, so that we can setup the divisions for each season. Please choose another state.

Thanks!

Terry

thechamp87

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 3:48 pm

1. tcochran - AZ
2. jflatour99 - Mass.
3. thechamp87 - Vermont

lumbercompanysouth

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

1. tcochran - AZ