Moneyball Free Agent Signings

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

paul j kiggins

Re: Moneyball Free Agent Signings

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 11:32 pm

The free agent signing period opens on Monday. The google sheet has a list of available players were were carded last year. I posted a list of some more interesting uncarded players on the Moneyball chat page, but it is not exhaustive.

Here is the "draft" order for the FA signing period. The first four teams are expected to make offers on Monday morning, first come first serve. Please check in to make sure that everyone is ready before we being on Monday.

1 mykbar1 --
2 dharmabums --
3 chilliards --
4 paul j kiggins --in
5 baseball cfo --
6 oldmansmith2 -- In
7 madal -- In
8 teamnasty -- in
9 srh1200 --
10 Paul_Long71 --In
11 Evil Spock --
12 sociophil -- In

chilliards

PostSat Jan 02, 2021 8:26 am

The free agent signing period opens on Monday. The google sheet has a list of available players were were carded last year. I posted a list of some more interesting uncarded players on the Moneyball chat page, but it is not exhaustive.

Here is the "draft" order for the FA signing period. The first four teams are expected to make offers on Monday morning, first come first serve. Please check in to make sure that everyone is ready before we being on Monday.

1 mykbar1 --
2 dharmabums --
3 chilliards -- In
4 paul j kiggins --in
5 baseball cfo --
6 oldmansmith2 -- In
7 madal -- In
8 teamnasty -- in
9 srh1200 --
10 Paul_Long71 --In
11 Evil Spock --
12 sociophil -- In

dharmabums

PostSat Jan 02, 2021 12:51 pm

1 mykbar1 --
2 dharmabums -- In
3 chilliards -- In
4 paul j kiggins --in
5 baseball cfo --
6 oldmansmith2 -- In
7 madal -- In
8 teamnasty -- in
9 srh1200 --
10 Paul_Long71 --In
11 Evil Spock --
12 sociophil -- In

EvilSpock

PostSat Jan 02, 2021 10:43 pm

1 mykbar1 --
2 dharmabums -- In
3 chilliards -- In
4 paul j kiggins --in
5 baseball cfo --
6 oldmansmith2 -- In
7 madal -- In
8 teamnasty -- in
9 srh1200 --
10 Paul_Long71 --In
11 Evil Spock -- In
12 sociophil -- In

mykbr1

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 am

1 mykbr1 -- In
2 dharmabums -- In
3 chilliards -- In
4 paul j kiggins --in
5 baseball cfo --
6 oldmansmith2 -- In
7 madal -- In
8 teamnasty -- in
9 srh1200 --
10 Paul_Long71 --In
11 Evil Spock -- In
12 sociophil -- In

sociophil

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Gents,

It looks like we’re waiting for baseball cfo and srh1200 to check in. I’d like to wait until they have checked in befor we begin tomorrow. If you are in a league with either of them, please reach out.

Phil

Paul_Long71

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 3:36 pm

just emailed baseball cfo. he's been reading the thread. I told him to check in as well.

oldmansmith2

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 4:03 pm

srh hasn't logged on since his last post in our contact thread on Nov. 30. You'll probably have to text or phone him again Phillip.

mykbr1

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 4:20 pm

1 mykbr1 -- In
2 dharmabums -- In
3 chilliards -- In
4 paul j kiggins --in
5 baseball cfo --
6 oldmansmith2 -- In
7 madal -- In
8 teamnasty -- in
9 srh1200 --
10 Paul_Long71 --In
11 Evil Spock -- In
12 sociophil -- In

I used to be in a league that set times for each team to draft. Say every hour between 8 or 9 for the next 12 hours. 9 am, 10 am, 11 am. It worked really great. You knew when it was your turn and when to check in.

sociophil

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 pm

I used to be in a league that set times for each team to draft. Say every hour between 8 or 9 for the next 12 hours. 9 am, 10 am, 11 am. It worked really great. You knew when it was your turn and when to check in.

Because this isn't a draft, but rather an auction, a specific time doesn't make sense. You can probably get away with checking the free agent signing thread once a day to see if there are any players you want to bid on since there is a 24 hour window between the last offer and the settling of the free agent contract. For example, say you bid on Arozarena at 10am tomorrow morning the three more contract offers are made during the day, the last at 9:35pm, the contract would settle at 9:35pm Tuesday if there are no further offers. I expect that we won't need to check in more than once or twice a day. I'd make a habit of checking in early in the day, and maybe once more before I call it an evening.

sociophil
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat