USKL 3 Chat & Trades: PLEASE READ AND VOTE ON NEW RULES

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: USKL 3 Chat & Trades

PostSun May 12, 2024 10:10 am

seanreflex wrote:Bill,
I’m on vacation in San Diego meeting my first grandson!! I won’t be much help this weekend - sorry about that.

Palmtana - I’ll try to get USKL2 loaded today

Congrats. Enjoy!!!

Ninersphan

PostSun May 12, 2024 11:57 am

Palmtana wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:It would be helpful if instead of using COPY/PASTE to post picks, if you all would use the QUOTE button in the upper right corner, then simply delete the quote brackets at the beginning and end of the post before posting, that way the color's I use to indicate a skipped pick will stay intact from post to post. And YES it can be done on a cell phone. I do it all the time. Thanks

Lordy Bill. Bring the font size down a couple of notches lol. I didn't notice your green "skipped pick" notation when I copied and pasted my Round 6 choice. My bad. In the future, consider using the standard red font for pick infractions. Besides, splinter has a patent on the off colors. You probably owe him royalties now.

Ninersphan wrote:I have emailed Michael. Hopefully he can check in before Monday. I know there have been some bad storms/tornados in some parts of the country the last couple of days, I pray he wasn't affected.

Mike is as Mike does. He picks when he wants. I've learned to live with his tardiness in my leagues. Not without drama, mind you. He umpires most nights this time of year so he gets a break from me for his current involvement in the game that we all used to play.

Bob, it wasn’t aimed just at you, you just happened to be the last person to do it. I have started using a color other than red as I thought perhaps you all might think the red to harsh as red is the color of anger. That said, if EVERYONE got in the habit of using the quote function instead of copy paste, you won’t even have to think or worry about it. ;)

And thank you for the info on Mike I was unaware and as yet he hadn’t communicated that to me. Should we simply skip him then??? Not necessarily now, seeing as there is no clock though I will hate to waste a day and a half if he doesn’t pick.

Palmtana

PostSun May 12, 2024 1:17 pm

Mike shouldn't be skipped. Unless he requests it. Tardy managers are part of the process unfortunately.

Ninersphan

PostSun May 12, 2024 3:47 pm

Palmtana wrote:Mike shouldn't be skipped. Unless he requests it. Tardy managers are part of the process unfortunately.

Got it. Don’t disagree just wanted to know how you had handled it seeing as you said you had experience with him.

Palmtana

PostMon May 13, 2024 7:29 am

Ninersphan wrote:
Palmtana wrote:Mike shouldn't be skipped. Unless he requests it. Tardy managers are part of the process unfortunately.

Got it. Don’t disagree just wanted to know how you had handled it seeing as you said you had experience with him.

And what an experience it has been. I've been playing Good cop/Bad cop with Mike for years. What a wearisome journey it has been.

I'm going to institute the "Mike Rule" for future drafts in USKL 2.
...No clock in Rd. 1 for everyone, per usual.
...Rd. 2 and beyond ... "Owners who have exhibited a disregard for the draft process are subject to a 24/7, 30 minute clock."

Even with the implementation of the rule, Mike will most likely be tardy with some picks. Old habits are hard to break. But the rest of the league will only have to twiddle their thumbs for 5 minutes instead of for a weekend.

edub1969

PostMon May 13, 2024 3:12 pm

Are we on a 1 hour clock? I'm showing Joker posted at 3:04 eastern time and I posted at 3:11 eastern time

Ninersphan

PostMon May 13, 2024 3:13 pm

edub1969 wrote:Are we on a 1 hour clock? I'm showing Joker posted at 3:04 eastern time and I posted at 3:11 eastern time

2 hour clock, you posted 7 minutes after his pick. Not sure what the issue is/why the posting times matter vis-a-vis the clock??

edub1969

PostMon May 13, 2024 3:15 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
edub1969 wrote:Are we on a 1 hour clock? I'm showing Joker posted at 3:04 eastern time and I posted at 3:11 eastern time

2 hour clock

Oh ok at 3:09 you posted time was up at 4:04 are you in Central time zone Bill?

Ninersphan

PostMon May 13, 2024 3:15 pm

edub1969 wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:

2 hour clock

Oh ok at 3:09 you posted time was up at 4:04
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm an idiot and/or my fingers are too fat??? you pick ;)

And no I'm in the eastern time zone, Lived on the East coast my whole life.

Ninersphan

PostMon May 13, 2024 6:47 pm

The rosters have had draft picks added through round 6. I found one error, blsmith only has 3 picks left, not four. Everyone else please chaeck over their rosters to be sure I haven't made a mistake.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat