Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 6

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Re: Ted Lasso ATG League

PostSat Mar 04, 2023 11:33 am

My Marvelous Metropolitans are dragging anchor in the AA Div. With only 29 wins to date, they have one of the worst records of the 18 teams in the overall league. Thus, I would be interested in moving some single-season stars to contenders, in exchange for folks who have a future.

Available players include:

King Kelly $8.40
Mike Tiernan $6.15
Bill Lange $5.99

Harry Krause $9.93
Ed Killian $5.21

jflatour99

PostSat Mar 04, 2023 12:12 pm

Available for future:

Fred Clarke 5,53 Good for seasons 1 & 2
Nice stats so far
288 44 88 16 10 5 31 18 43 8 19 4 6 AA 1-17 .306 .361 .483

barterer2002

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 6:29 am

So as we end season 1 I’m just making sure I understand the procedures for season 2.

Of each of our 25 man roster anyone who does not retire automatically remains in our roster. We can drop said player but must do so before the draft begins.

The season 2 spread sheet will be emailed soon with the season 2 card set loaded into SOM shortly

For the draft we can draft any eligible player who isn’t on a roster. This includes both players from last year and this year’s rookie class

If we want to drop a player or stadium we need to post it here before the draft begins.

We will then draft until all teams have 25 players and a stadium so the last rounds should have fewer teams drafting than the earlier rounds.

For this season only divisions are the bottom six teams by record go to A ball, the next six to AA and the top six to the champions league.

The first four picks are determined by a lottery of the four teams worst season 1 records and the remaining 14 picks ordered by record. However I’m uncertain what the tie breaker is. Run differential I presume?

Am I missing anything?

tcochran

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 10:19 am

Yes, that's a pretty good summary. As to ties..

10) All ties between teams' win/loss records will be broken by their head to head win/loss records (if any). If this does not break the tie, then overall run differential will be next, followed by head-to-head run differential after that. If all else fails, a coin toss will determine the result.

barterer2002

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 11:49 am

tcochran wrote:Yes, that's a pretty good summary. As to ties..

10) All ties between teams' win/loss records will be broken by their head to head win/loss records (if any). If this does not break the tie, then overall run differential will be next, followed by head-to-head run differential after that. If all else fails, a coin toss will determine the result.

I did read that but wasn’t sure how it would apply this year. Although I suppose teams in the same league can tie I was thinking it would be cross leagues tying so run differerential the. A coin flip.

tcochran

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 9:35 am

Congrats to our season 1 title winners:

- In the Champions Division, Hamilton17 beat off challenges from dharmabums and fredpaii
- In AAA, unctarheel sailed to victory with the league high of 100 wins
- In AA, denorien came on strong at the end and passed dharmabums for the title

In individual performances...

- Nap Lajoie was the batting king, hitting .360, while also leading in AB at 719
- Cy Seymour had the top OBP at .477
- Tip O'Neill led in OPS at .960
- Ty Cobb was far and away the best runner, with 136 SB

- Cy Young and George Mullin tied for most wins at 27
- Ferdie Schupp had the lowest ERA for qualified SPs, at 2.02
- Charley Radbourn stayed true to course, with the most CG, at 35

At the opposite end of the spectrum, consolation prizes -- i.e., chances in the Babe Ruth draft lottery -- go to:
- willmurr24
- barterer2002
- chillards
- Sknsfan

Lottery results for picks 1-4 in the season 2 draft will be posted tomorrow morning.

And stay tuned for news about season 2...

Denorien

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 10:20 am

tcochran wrote:Congrats to our season 1 title winners:

- In the Champions Division, Hamilton17 beat off challenges from dharmabums and fredpaii
- In AAA, unctarheel sailed to victory with the league high of 100 wins
- In AA, denorien came on strong at the end and passed dharmabums for the title

I took a brief look. I don't think I see a strong trend of picking 'high' or 'low' in our 1st draft / 1st round equating to wins. It will be curious to me to see how picking high or low in round 1 equates to success in seasons 2 - 4.

Sknsfan

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 10:51 am

Denorien wrote:
I took a brief look. I don't think I see a strong trend of picking 'high' or 'low' in our 1st draft / 1st round equating to wins. It will be curious to me to see how picking high or low in round 1 equates to success in seasons 2 - 4.

One big difference should be the removal of the serpentine draft style. But I agree that one top player may not make a big difference for season 2. Though the top 5 or 6 available players this coming draft all have 3 or 4 years of eligibility, multiple cards, and unless I'm mistaken, all of them have at the low end 1 or 0 available for health. Nice players to build around for the future.

Ruth
Hornsby
Charleston
Sisler
Vance
Heilman

unctarheel

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 11:14 am

I am not sure that I understand the reference to drafting players from "last year."

tcochran

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 11:30 am

unctarheel wrote:I am not sure that I understand the reference to drafting players from "last year."

If there are players who were available in season 1 and are still available in season 2, but are not currently on rosters, then they can be drafted in the season 2 FA draft.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat