NLD 61 - The Asterisk Season

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 61 - The Asterisk Season

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 5:35 pm

Stay safe Fellas....

Well, while we're waiting may as well post NLD History: www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet/NLD_History.xls ( you may have to copy and paste to get the link to work)

Notes
- Spider won his third title and first since NLD 48. It was also the 22nd time best record has won it all.
- Stoney won 91 games, but was relegated to the WC. I don't have a record of how often that's happened, but it can't be very often. Stones has also made the PO in four of the past five.
- Milleram has made the playoffs 58% of the time second behind Silver's untouchable 71% mark. Like JTJ however he has only gotten a ring 14% of the time. He's on a streak of three straight PO appearances.
- Big A made the playoffs for the first time since NLD 52 and had the ignominious distinction of being the fourth team to make the playoffs with a < .500 record (Falcon NLD 42, AKIndian NLD 47, Cummings2 NLD15 who actually took the title!)
- JTJ snapped a streak for four best record finishes and didn't even make the playoffs having to win 12 straight to end the season to avoid the East and *almost* made it to .500 (80 wins)
- Jeep has been on an every other season over the past four.
- Hawk has a frustrating season wining 88 games and not making the playoffs. That's happened fourth other times: JTJ nld 47 being the only one since NLD26.
- Semper actually one upped that with an 89 win season that didn't make it in NLD47!
- JTJ, Mileram and Stoney are clustered at the top in win PCt behind Silver

joethejet

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 4:53 pm

got word from Semper

All is good

No power since Wednesday, water and internet.

Had 6.5’ water my house at 7’

Great adventure

Should get power in a few days. Just started getting emails today.

klx22

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 6:36 pm

joethejet wrote:got word from Semper

All is good

No power since Wednesday, water and internet.

Had 6.5’ water my house at 7’

Great adventure

Should get power in a few days. Just started getting emails today.

thx for the update, Joe!

milleram

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 9:03 pm

Glad you are OK Semper--I was getting worried, especially after looking at some of the damage.

joethejet

PostThu Oct 06, 2022 1:54 am

An Update.....

Semper is looking to get internet soon, maybe as early as Friday. I wouldn't count on that, but I would expect that we'll be in action some time next week.

RandyW64

PostThu Oct 06, 2022 3:36 pm

Glad to see he is okay and digging out...or maybe bailing water would be more appropriate?

Semper Gumby

PostSat Oct 08, 2022 12:14 pm

What an exciting adventure as I'm 5-0 against hurricanes, monsoons, and typhoons.

I'm feeling a lot like Lieutenant Dan - "You call this a storm!" as I had to twice rescue by boat. Knowing knots from those Boy Scout days came in handy.

Water surged through our canal and rose nearly 7' - luckily our house sat at 7' :lol:

After nine (9) days, electric restored here. :idea:

Mobile phone service is wonky and no internet to speak of today. That said, I borrowed a jetpack from my old company.

And, now my team is ready to draft

PLAY BALL

Stoney18

PostSat Oct 08, 2022 12:56 pm

Glad to hear you made it through mostly ok. Scary stuff

joethejet

PostSat Oct 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:What an exciting adventure as I'm 5-0 against hurricanes, monsoons, and typhoons.

I'm feeling a lot like Lieutenant Dan - "You call this a storm!" as I had to twice rescue by boat. Knowing knots from those Boy Scout days came in handy.

Water surged through our canal and rose nearly 7' - luckily our house sat at 7' :lol:

After nine (9) days, electric restored here. :idea:

Mobile phone service is wonky and no internet to speak of today. That said, I borrowed a jetpack from my old company.

And, now my team is ready to draft

PLAY BALL

Wow, what a crazy adventure! Sounds like your house was spared flooding which is a blessing. Mostly glad that you're OK. Question however were you rescued twice by boat or did you rescue others twice?

Thanks for getting your team in so quickly I'm sure you have bigger things on your mind!

joethejet

PostSat Oct 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Ok, Steve drafted Pinder, but he belongs to Stoney in the draft. Please execute a trade.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat