Dual Franchise League Season 38

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BDWard

Re: Dual Franchise League Season 38

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 pm

This is just a quick note that I'm tied up most of the day with work and won't be able to select a team until later this afternoon.

FALCON29

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 2:00 pm

Toine wrote:...this season if a franchise does not get picked then any player on those franchises that has only one card is eligible to be picked up as a free agent. Each team can have one free agent from the teams not chosen. To clarify we can have 1 free agent only

As an example; last season the Royals, Angels and Brewers were not chosen. Therefore players such as Brett, Trout and Yount among others could be chosen as a free agent. Players like Grich and Greinke would not be eligible because they have a second card with other franchises.

At this point neither the Mariners nor the Blue Jays are taken. If they remain unpicked, would John Olerud, for example, be available as a Free Agent? He has cards for multiple franchises, but neither one would have been selected.

Toine

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 pm

To Falcon's question;

The answer is yes, as long as no other team has rights to a player he would be eligible.

Also, regarding this same subject, I can foresee a situation such as the following, both Falcon and myself put in a claim on Olerud. Strat awards Olerud to me and gives Falcon another first basemen say Orlando Cepeda; Because the Giants have Cepeda's rights I would ask Falcon to release him ASAP and not hold on to him for the entire preseason thus depriving the Giants from using him.

Also, I am not going to create a league till everyone has picked their 2 franchises and we see which teams are left over.

DEDball

Re: Dual Franchis

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Guy? I know you’re not asking me but hey I’m the one that’s here right now and the answer is no you can’t have him.

That’s the way I interpret the rule; request denied. Court’s adjourned

Now the real reason I’m here is to tell you that I’m not gonna be around until an hour after sunset in Chicago where it’s a

Beautiful day! Going to go catch dinner in the Iroquois River. I’ll get that done early evening or whenever Bernie is done. DED

PJK

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 4:47 pm

so will the draft of "free agents" be conducted after we draft from our two assigned franchises? might be best to do it the same way we are drafting teams, through chat, but with draft order determined randomly (comish can pull names out of a hat). we could try waiver claims, where strat would give us our second (or later choice) if we miss out on trout.

pete k

Toine

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 5:06 pm

To PJk;

Once we determine which teams are not picked; then anyone on those teams whose rights don't belong to anyone else is eligible to be a free agent; for example if Angels don't get chosen; Trout is eligible, but Grich would not be because he has a card with Baltimore. If you want to claim a player, simply put him on your roster when you submit your team; I would rank said player first to better your chances of landing him. In the event of a tie, Strat determines where player lands. Only 1 free agent per team

BDWard

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 7:06 pm

Dual Franchise League Season 38 Draft

1) Dedball ~ Giants
2) BDWard - Yankees
3) PDixon - Indians
4) Toine----Dodgers
5) Falcon - Red Sox
6) Meat----Cardinals
7) Denorien - Braves
8) Piloneus - Astros
9) pacoboy - Reds
10)SupSenior--Cubs (proxy)
11)PJK -- Tigers
12)Treyomo - Expos/Nationals

Round 2

1] Treyomo - DBacks
2) PJK -- Royals
3) SupSenior - As
4) pacoboy - Phillies
5) Piloneus - Mets
6) Denorien - Brewers
7) Meat Marlins
8) Falcon - Twins
9) Toine---Pirates
10)PDixon - Orioles
11)BDWard - White Sox
12)Dedball

List of available teams

Mariners
Blue jays

Rockies

Angels----------- Rangers

Padres------------Tampa

DEDball

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 9:05 pm

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 7:06 pm

Dual Franchise League Season 38 Draft

1) Dedball ~ Giants
2) BDWard - Yankees
3) PDixon - Indians
4) Toine----Dodgers
5) Falcon - Red Sox
6) Meat----Cardinals
7) Denorien - Braves
8) Piloneus - Astros
9) pacoboy - Reds
10)SupSenior--Cubs (proxy)
11)PJK -- Tigers
12)Treyomo - Expos/Nationals

Round 2

1] Treyomo - DBacks
2) PJK -- Royals
3) SupSenior - As
4) pacoboy - Phillies
5) Piloneus - Mets
6) Denorien - Brewers
7) Meat Marlins
8) Falcon - Twins
9) Toine---Pirates
10)PDixon - Orioles
11)BDWard - White Sox
12)Dedball ~ Angels

List of available teams

Mariners
Blue jays

Rockies

Rangers

Padres------------Tampa

DEDball

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 9:21 pm

Is there a code?

Toine

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 9:28 pm

No code yet, I was waiting for the draft to complete so that we could determine which teams did not get picked;

I will create League either later tonight or sometime tomorrow for sure and will post the passcode here
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat