RICHARDGAGNON

jcheney - IN
Musial6 IN if 60s out if 70s
BC Manager - In
RonSanto - IN

PowellCrosleyJr

Re: Best Team of the 70s--team draft and more

PostSun May 19, 2019 11:23 am

JJB92 wrote:Franky is correct. We are redrafting. The draft order will either be randomized or based on reverse order of finish of the 70s season.

I thought we decided that the order was going to be based on the 70's standings. If you got the 12th pick randomly in the last league then "luck out" and get the 12th again. Well, none of us would like that.

This go around is with the 60's correct?

The BC Manager

PostSun May 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Wondering if draft order will be based on standings or previous draft order. I picked 11th last time but managed to come in 5th. I’m hoping i’m not relegated to a late pick again.

LMBombers

PostSun May 19, 2019 1:20 pm

JJB92 wrote:The draft order will either be randomized or based on reverse order of finish of the 70s season.

This is what the Commish said about the draft order for the new 60s league. I believe if RICHARDGAGNON is also in then all 12 managers would be back and the draft order would be based on the finish of the 70s season. If all 12 owners are not back and a replacement manager is used then a randomized order would be used.

BC Manager it looks like you would have the 8th pick if reverse order of finish is used or be randomized.

It appears that RICHARDGAGNON would have the 2nd overall pick if he wants to return.

FALCON29

PostSun May 19, 2019 2:26 pm

LMBombers wrote:
JJB92 wrote:The draft order will either be randomized or based on reverse order of finish of the 70s season.

This is what the Commish said about the draft order for the new 60s league. I believe if RICHARDGAGNON is also in then all 12 managers would be back and the draft order would be based on the finish of the 70s season. If all 12 owners are not back and a replacement manager is used then a randomized order would be used.

BC Manager it looks like you would have the 8th pick if reverse order of finish is used or be randomized.

It appears that RICHARDGAGNON would have the 2nd overall pick if he wants to return.

I thought the suggestion to randomize 1-8 and then have the 4 playoff teams seeded into the last 4 spots (and into the West Division together) sounded pretty decent.

JJB92

PostSun May 19, 2019 2:48 pm

We are awaiting RichardGagnon to see if he's interested in participating. If we don't hear from him by Tuesday, I'll reach out to potential owners who expressed an interest in participating to take over that team.

Draft order:

My recommendation is for the 8 non-playoff teams to be in a randomizer for the selection order. There will be 10 chances--the owner of the Cubs (RonSanto) and Giants (RichardGagnon/his replacement) will get 2 of the 10 chances each while the remaining 6 teams would get one chance.

For the playoff teams, they will be seeded based on playoff results--the champion picks 12th, the runner up 11th and the team losing in the first round with the fewer number of regular season wins would get the 9th selection.

LMBombers

PostSun May 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Sounds good to me.

The BC Manager

PostSun May 19, 2019 7:57 pm

I’m good with the approach you described JJB. Just didn’t want to be automatically get a bottom 6 pick when I didn’t even make the playoffs. Thanks.

FALCON29

PostMon May 20, 2019 7:52 am

JJB92 wrote:Draft order:

My recommendation is for the 8 non-playoff teams to be in a randomizer for the selection order. There will be 10 chances--the owner of the Cubs (RonSanto) and Giants (RichardGagnon/his replacement) will get 2 of the 10 chances each while the remaining 6 teams would get one chance.

For the playoff teams, they will be seeded based on playoff results--the champion picks 12th, the runner up 11th and the team losing in the first round with the fewer number of regular season wins would get the 9th selection.

Sounds perfect!

BDWard

PostMon May 20, 2019 6:25 pm

JJB92 wrote:We are awaiting RichardGagnon to see if he's interested in participating. If we don't hear from him by Tuesday, I'll reach out to potential owners who expressed an interest in participating to take over that team.

Draft order:

This seems like it would be a fun and challenging league. I'd love to join if RichardGagnon does not participate. Let me know if I can participate.

Also, I've been checking baseball-reference.com. It has long been one of my favorite websites. I'm having trouble locating a link assigning players to the team they played with the most from 1960 through 1969. Can you provide the link?

I look forward to hearing from you. - Bernie
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat