"Through the Years" franchise league needs one

Our historical single season sets

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Redneck18

"Through the Years" franchise league needs one

PostTue May 11, 2021 7:30 am

There is an opening for one team in our Through the Years Franchise.
This is a 12 team dual franchise league that began with the 1982 card set and we have since progressed through the 2008 season with the same group of 12 owners. We are getting ready for 2009 and I have at least 10 of the original 12 moving on with us. Here is how it works.
Everyone has two teams and gets to keep one of the two as we move to the next season. Owners will choose the second team of their franchise in a team draft. The draft order is determined by reverse order of standings after the completion of 141 games in the season currently being played. You will have exclusive rights to all players on your two franchises. No one else can roster them and there is no trading of these players. Players not placed on your active roster serve as your minor leagues.
After everyone has established their two franchises we hold a 24 pick supplemental player draft using players from th 6 unchosen teams that remain. The order for this draft is the reverse order of the combined record of your two teams in the MLB season that we are forming.This is a snake draft and every team can pick two players. You can also skip your pick(s) you are not required to roster supplemental players. The players chosen in this draft are your property only for as long as they remain on your roster. If you drop them they become free agents. You can only roster up to two of these players, the remainder of your squad must consist of players from your two franchises. The supplemental players may be traded, or switched out for another player from the six teams or your two franchises.
We play with the regular card sets. After the 2009 season we will move on to the 2010 season and so on. You may stay with the leagues as long as you like. As I previously stated we have played our first 5 seasons with the same group and I anticipate continuing with 11 as we move forward to the 2009 season.
The available team is the San Francisco Angels. You must keep either the Giants or the Angels from the 2009 season. We have currently completed 108 games in 2008 and I really have no idea where they will sit after 141 Right now they currently sit in sixth which means they would have the 7th pick in the draft but only 9 games separate the #1 pick form the #11. It's a fun competitive and challenging league with a great group of owners. If interested let me know below and I will send you the access code so you can begin setting up. If I have all owners in place we will begin the team draft on May 22, a Saturday. Both drafts are slow drafts.

Redneck18

Re: "Through the Years" franchise league needs one

PostFri May 14, 2021 3:57 am

Team has been claimed

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1982, 1964, 1986, 1999