1982 is here

Our historical single season sets

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

childsmwc

Re: 1982 is here

PostWed Aug 17, 2016 1:22 am

1982 brings out the best in strat. You can not tailor the perfect line up, with this player pool, so it requires you to mix and match players that you might not always use. I would highly recommend this card set, I just don't see cookie cutter winning lineups based on specific parks. I could be wrong, but I think lots of options can be successful with this player pool.

blineimages

Re: 1982 is here

PostFri Aug 19, 2016 2:29 pm

With a guy like Dawson, there is no reason to platoon, keep him in. He is a top defender, and there are a few keys to remember when it comes to LH pitching.

Many owners have their lefty starters on quick hook, because there are plenty of lefty killer hitters. So if you leave Dawson in, he may see a RH pitcher quite soon.

There are plenty of lefty killer platoon hitters at other positions---particularly 3B, Catcher, 1B and LF--more cost effective to spend your platoon money at these positions. As you only see LH starters 20 to 25% of the time, a few cheap lefty killers will do the job. for example-- If you are in a RH HR park, then G. Gaetti will break down the fences against lefties.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1982, 1964, 1986, 1999