'70s League honoring 1969 Playoff Teams (Down to 1 Spot)

Our historical single season sets

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BrotherA4him

'70s League honoring 1969 Playoff Teams (Down to 1 Spot)

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 9:18 am

This is a special invite to all 1969 Veterans to come and join a private league I am putting together with the 70s myster card set.

This league is a tribute to the 1969 season and the beginning of divisional playoffs. I also wish we had the 1969 game back to play, but that's another story and another complaint.
It is an $80K, non-DH league. It's going to be interesting.

The password is: Amazin'

Here are the basic guidelines:
-- 1.) Your stadium must either be Shea, Memorial, Metropolitan or Fulton County.
— 2.) 58 players who played in the '69 playoffs are eligible in the 70s game. I added Amos Otis and Terry Crowley (who got at bats for the Mets and O's respectively that year) to make it 60.
— 3.) You must have 5 (not more or less) of those 60 on your roster at all times.
— 4.) You must have 5 AND NOT MORE than 5, on your draft card.
— 5.) Here are the 60 in alphabetical order: Aaron, Agee, F. Alou, Belanger, Blair, Boswell, Buford, Cardenas, Carew, Carty, Cepeda, Clendenon, Crowley, Cuellar, Dyer, Etchebarren, W. Garrett, Gentry, Grote, Grzenda, T. Hall, Harrelson, Hendricks, Sonny Jackson, Jarvis, Dave A. Johnson, Cleon Jones, Killebrew, Koosman, Kranepool, Lum, Dave May, McGraw, McNally, Millan, Mitterwald, Nettles, P. Niekro, Otis, Oliva, J. Palmer, Pappas, J. Perry, Powell, Ron Reed, Reese, Rettenmund, Richert, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, N. Ryan, Seaver, Shamsky, G. Stone, Swoboda, Tovar, Uhalaender, Upshaw, Watt, Woodson.

Thanks for your consideration,
-Austin
Last edited by BrotherA4him on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GFDWARF07

Re: '70s League honoring 1969 Playoff Teams

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am

This is a fun idea. I am sure many of us will end up with a mishmash of the eligible 60 and all will need to pare down to 5, if they have more, promptly if we are to all get our five allotted by the opening of the season. Would have been fun to hold a draft of those 60 players, then they'd be fixed on the owner's roster that drafted them.

Great idea - thanks for posting this league!

BrotherA4him

Re: '70s League honoring 1969 Playoff Teams (Only 2 spots le

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Hey guys,
We have just two spots left in this league.
Should be fun. Check out the guidelines in the above post and come on in and join us.
Thanks,

-Austin

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1982, 1964, 1986, 1999